Parents 2nd Level 5 meet report!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Older DD had her 2nd level 5 meet this weekend. It was a 2 hr drive with a 4:00 start time...pretty nice.

Overall she did great and we are very proud of her. She was dealing with a bad rip this week and she overcame that and did a great bar routine. If she gets her 2nd cast a little higher it could be fabulous I think!;) She scored a 9.0 which was 5th, I think.

Beam was good, she gave away some points by not hitting her handstand vertical. Ugh! She had a 8.9, she placed 7th maybe? Not sure.

Floor...the backhandsprings got her. She struggles so much with this. The last meet she pulled out the better ones and had a higher floor score. This meet, well, the "other" ones were back. I thought the rest of the routine was pretty. Score 8.75 and no place.

Vault...I didn't even watch it. It was in the back of the gym behind the bleachers and judging was CRAZY TOUGH. High score of the day was 8.6 or something like that. She had a 7.55...no place...but coach said this vault was better than her last meet so that's good.

Overall 34.2 and 6th place AA! So no 36 but her best score of the season so far!

Team got 1st place AA...the girls were so happy! My DD was THRILLED with her bars score, it is her favorite event and she takes pride in it. She had a scary fall off at the last meet and had a low score...so she definitely redeemed herself with her bars at this meet! Yay!

video is up: hope you enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ongHLTtVLEM

She did great!!! So glad her hands held up and that she had a good meet!! She is coming along nicely in level 5! I know what you mean about the back handsprings. DD has some great ones and then some just okay ones. Never know what will show up at the meet, LOL.

Congrats on the meet and great bars score!! Hmmm, let me guess Ms Peck was the vault judge??

I have no idea. I didn't even watch it, seriously. I was just hoping poor DD would stay out of the 5's and 6's. We saw plenty of 6's!!!!

I thought she did great! It looked like she was so close to vertical on that handstand on beam! Way to go!

Thanks! Yes, she was pretty close...but it has to be vertical or there is a decent deduction. She had a good vertical one at her last meet and even with a big wobble on cartwheel, she still scored almost a point higher! Ahh...always something to work on!

Good job, especially on bars! I remember hearing about her fall so I was glad to see she hasn't let that get to her. Way to go!!

I thought she looked awesome! Very nice bars routine!! she SHOULD be proud!! And on a purely girly note...I love love the super-ultra-curly pony tail(and so does my dd...it's the first thing she commented on)! Our girls don't get to do fancy "do's" they always have to wear a tight bun, and my dd gets so jealous of all the many cute and elaborate hairstyles, lol!!

She looked great! Her bars were fantastic and I agree that her floor routine is really lovely. If she can clean up that first bhs, she will easily be scoring in the 9s. Congratulations!

I thought she looked awesome! Very nice bars routine!! she SHOULD be proud!! And on a purely girly note...I love love the super-ultra-curly pony tail(and so does my dd...it's the first thing she commented on)! Our girls don't get to do fancy "do's" they always have to wear a tight bun, and my dd gets so jealous of all the many cute and elaborate hairstyles, lol!!

Thank you! That hair takes a LONG time! It is required for our gym for all girls to wear their hair in the exact same way...until they are 10 they wear very curly ponytails...then when they are 10 they graduate to one. This was her first meet with one pony! Very exciting for her!

She looked great! Her bars were fantastic and I agree that her floor routine is really lovely. If she can clean up that first bhs, she will easily be scoring in the 9s. Congratulations!

Thanks very much...I thought that too, that she would have been in the 9's without that darn BHS.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back