2nd level 6 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Good meet today. Well organized and running on time.
Went out 9 places...
First was bars. Missed her squat-on. Stupid squat-on. 7.35. No place. I think the rest of the routine looked pretty good though. I definitely see an 8 in her future!
Next was floor. Big improvement from last time. Tucks still aren't pretty, but they were both there. 8.6, 8th place.
On to vault. Still don't get vault but she must have done something right. 9.0. This was her first 9 on vault since level 4! 5th place.
Ending with beam, usually her best event, but she was wobbly today. 8.65, 7th place.
AA 33.6. Up .7 from her first meet. And placing in 3 of 4 events when you're up against... Well, I won't say the team's name but it rhymes with "Lark Nets", isn't too shabby! ;)

Now, 2 weeks till the next meet and she'll be on vacation for more than a week of it. She'll come back with 3 days of practice to get her act together and compete again. It will be interesting to see how she does. Oh well... Next one after that won't be till after the holidays, so she'll have plenty of time to find any lost skills and she's already qualified for States, so it hardly matters in the grand scheme of things.

sounds like a pretty good day to me. My DD eould love a 9 on vault. it is her nemesis. dont ya hate when they have an off day on their best event? great placings with that gym there. we hsve some like that here too!

WTG to your DD. Sounds like she had a fantastic meet. And a major congrats on upping that AA..and placing against those "lark nets"..lol

Really nice improvements, and when you add in the fall, she has made a huge step forward. Just the way it should be! Congrats to the first 9 on vault, that really is a big deal, even though it is hard to tell what that means.

sounds like it is all going well overall. have a great holiday and enjoy the next one! yay for the 9 on vault.

Nice meet!! Up .7 is awesome!! If she can do that at each meet she will have an awesome season!! I still don't get vault either but it sounds like Kathy does!!

Nice meet!! Up .7 is awesome!! If she can do that at each meet she will have an awesome season!! I still don't get vault either but it sounds like Kathy does!!
Yeah, I wasn't even right when I guessed which one of her vaults was the best out of the two.

Good solid meet and now she can get a little break. I don't think she needs to worry about her skills for the next one. Just needs to work on polish probably. Congrats to Kathy on getting some bling and that 9 on vault.

She is really rocking level 6. When she hits that stupid squat on, it is going to be AMAZING. Very cool to see that 9 on vault, I remember when our DDs were struggling with L5 vault last year. Mine kind of has it figured out now and Mary apparently REALLY does! Love the Lark-nets thing. Toooo funny. Congrats to her. She is seriously doing amazing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back