Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 10.04.56 PM.png

We're exactly 1 year out from the 2024 Paris Olympics. Post any news or updates that you see right here in this thread...

Last edited:
My friend and I were talking about how difficult it's going to be to make this US team. We had 13 people we were talking about, some more likely than others, but still.

The thing I'm also interested in, is of course Russia. FIG recently made a path for them, but with some vague guidelines and the IOC would have to permit it as well. It's no secret that many of the Russian athletes support the war and are actively involved in the military, and FIG has said that would exclude them from competing, at least the way I read things.

Reactions: JBS
Post WAG & MAG stuff in this thread!

Wow, 1 year to go. One of the girls at a local gym was training for the 2024 Olympics, where she would have been just age eligible.

She had an accident in training in April and was paralysed from the neck down.

Many of the gyms are rallying to raise funds to support her treatment.

Make every day count and never loose sight of what is important.

I'm so saddened to hear that.
If it's at all possible for us in the States to help, please consider posting a donations link.

This is the link to the walking with Ava foundation.

Wow, 1 year to go. One of the girls at a local gym was training for the 2024 Olympics, where she would have been just age eligible.

She had an accident in training in April and was paralysed from the neck down.

Many of the gyms are rallying to raise funds to support her treatment.

Make every day count and never loose sight of what is important.
Paralympics? Side bar - my DD does gymnastics but my son is a wheelchair sports player (many sports). We love be both worlds. My sons team has someone who is going to Paris as well.

Paralympics? Side bar - my DD does gymnastics but my son is a wheelchair sports player (many sports). We love be both worlds. My sons team has someone who is going to Paris as well.

TOPS makes Olympics trading cards which my kids loved to get when they were little and the packs always include Paralympians. This made us interested in the Paralympians that we had cards for and we'd look them up online and try to watch their sport. What sport is your son's teammate going to Paris for?

We couldn't get WAG tickets but we have trampolining tickets (and women's football!) so very excited here!

What is cool, is my old coach was Rebeca Andrade‘s olympic coach when she competed for Brazil. Her name was Keli kitura. My mom and her are still Facebook friends even though it have been five years and we have moved and she has moved since then!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back