Parents A Little Brag - Kip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmutti

Proud Parent
J. has sort of had her glide kip for a month. Sort of being the fact that she could get herself up about 20% of the time. So definitely not consistent - but hey - we took it! Last night I got to the gym a little early and she had just moved to bars. Oh my gosh - she looked completely transformed! She had one of the most beautiful kips - I wish I had my video camera! She nailed about 25 in a row before missing just one - then got about 10 more. All of them were with beautiful pointed toes and straight arms. Her coach told her it was time to start connecting them to the front hip circle and cast. Well...looks like she found the next thing to work on (LOL)! While she can do a FHC to cast with no problem, trying to connect is smoothly to the kip without pausing was not as easy. She missed about half her FHCs and the others were not quite as pretty as I've seen. But I was just overjoyed to see that kip - and I think she was too! She still doesn't have a long hang kip but is close - she told me she just forgets to shift her hands and even she feels confident now that it will come in the next couple of weeks. It helped that she was also told yesterday that she WILL compete this fall as a L5. That was definitely a confidence booster for her.

My daughter, E, just got her kip a few weeks ago (low bar and high bar hang) and thus moves to L5 Monday. My other daughter, K (3 years younger) got her kip 2 days ago! So I know how excited and proud you must be! And it's hard to tell any non-gymnastic friends because they don't get it - they just say "What's a kip?"

Hickory, you are exactly right - it is hard trying to explain how proud you are to someone not involved in gymnastics! They just don't understand the strength and timing that it takes for our girls to figure this one out. By the way - congratulations on having both your girls get their kip! That is great news!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back