WAG A Little Thank You to the Chalkbucket Community!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

veganmami

Proud Parent
The first time I posted on chalkbucket, I was a bonafide crazy gym mom. I know this now. That was three years ago. My daughter was competing in her second year as a level 4 (age 6) and I was absolutely over the moon. Gym life has been slow and steady since then. I am not always commenting on chalkbucket, but I do periodically come over and read posts and think about how CRAZY some of these posts are with new moms that have had their kiddos in gymnastics for two seconds and are talking about them being in the olympics. I was once like that. You guys really put me in my place. Thank you for that. ;)

' You guys really put me in my place.'
We'd like to think of it as 'educated' you! ;)
Really glad you checked back in, and that you and your daughter are doing well. Amazing how much better it goes when you get over the 'crazy' stage. But remember, it's ok and pretty normal. Just like the kids, 'it's not where you start, but where you finish.' Continued good luck and success to you both. :)

I come to the forum to see if I am a bona fide CGM...more often than not I realize I am not a CGM--there are others here who have concerns/issues similar to my own. Most of the time when I do post, it's for education--I realize there is A LOT about the sport I don't know and DD's coaches don't always have the time to answer such questions in the gym...

I'm so glad to have found this place as well... I was one of those who had a coach mention the word "elite" when my daughter was barely 5 and had just finish competing old L3. :eek: Needless to say I was quickly educated (just in reading these threads) on how ridiculous that is and how much of a red flag it is to have a coach even utter the word so early. Thankfully that coach left shortly after and we have just been enjoying the ride with no expectations other than DD's happiness in what she's doing. ;) It's a great place for those of us who had no other experience in gymnastics other than casually seeing it on TV every 4 years when the Olympics came around!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back