A note to say hello :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,

Just making my introductions here, so I'll start at the start :) My name is Sheenagh aka Shee. I'm from Dublin in Ireland. I'm a full time gymnastics coach and pretty much just a gymnastic fanatic. I joined up here because of all the useful forums and I reckon the feedback here is going to be awesome! I'm forever on the net, looking for new drills and ideas!

I coach in a club called Arabian Gymnastics, teaching both recreational and competitive gymnastics. As a new (ish) club, we haven't quite reached an elite level yet, but we are getting there. That's pretty much my dream as a coach, to be able to coach competitive all the time and get some more Irish girls to an elite level!

Anyways, I'm going on and on... This was really just meant to be a hello :)

Shee

Hey Shee, Nice to have you join us on the Chalkbucket. I think you might be our first Irish coach. Do you use the UK system there?

I am in Quebec, but I am from the UK originally. Our family hails from County Cork.

Whoo, first Irish :) No we have our own system here. Levels 1 through to 10 and onto Junior Code and Elite. The system is just in the process of a revamp, and things are looking up for Irish Gymnastics with new coaching education available etc.

I was only looking into a camp there in Quebec...Gymrep?! I'm interested in travelling to different camps to get coaching experience!! :)

Gymrep is great, it is very close to us, by Canadian standards that is. They are known for their amazing spotting abilities and the owners are top coaches here. The equipment is always brand new as the owner is also the Canadian distributor for Gymnova.

The camp is a lot of fun and the outdoor nature of the camp is truly an experience. My own kids have gone there for the last 7 years, they love it.

They have international coaches and staff there each year, very unique situation.

Let me know if you decide to give it a go, I can certainly give you some local info.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back