WAG Adult Gymnastics Meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

@fuzi @Randomactsofcheer
WOW!! I can't believe at all the adults that have competed. I'm honestly super impressed and inspired. I would love to see videos of any adult competitions.

Okay guys...I think you have me mostly convinced. ;)
I guess part of me is a little worried I might be competing alone in my own division. I currently only have all the skills to compete in bronze and there were no adults competing at that level at the meet.

I'll definitely keep CB posted on any competitions my group (and hopefully me) participates in!

My daughter competed in divisions that were X age and up. So she was in the 14 and up division for Xcel and there was a 22 year old. This year in T&T there was a 16 and up division and it had a 38 year old. No one batted an eyelash.

@fuzi @Randomactsofcheer
WOW!! I can't believe at all the adults that have competed. I'm honestly super impressed and inspired. I would love to see videos of any adult competitions.

Okay guys...I think you have me mostly convinced. ;)
I guess part of me is a little worried I might be competing alone in my own division. I currently only have all the skills to compete in bronze and there were no adults competing at that level at the meet.

I'll definitely keep CB posted on any competitions my group (and hopefully me) participates in!
If you didn't want to compete alone in Bronze, you could compete in Silver (and just accept the lower start values on those events that aren't up to Silver ability).
We have an Xcel Gold who is missing 2 SR on beam… so a 9.0 SV on Beam and missing 1 SR on Bars… so 9.5 SV on Bars. The first time she actually went over the vault unspotted was in her first meet competing vault (she originally scratched beam and vault).
She has placed as high as 4th on Beam (out of 14).

There are no adult meets in my area so I just competed with the rest of the team at Xcel meets. I was always just in the "oldest" age division. At some small, local meets that was as young as 12+. At regionals it was something like 15.5+. It doesn't hurt that most people think I'm 17/18 when wearing a Leo, so they assumed I was old, but not as old as I actually am.

If you're the only one in your category, you get the glory of telling all your friends & family that you placed first on every event ;) joking aside, I'd say go for it! @raenndrops has a good suggestion with competing Xcel silver, but if that doesn't work for you, do bronze anyways!! Even if you're the only adult, everyone will still be impressed by your hard work and bravery for competing as an adult.

If you're the only one in your category, you get the glory of telling all your friends & family that you placed first on every event ;) joking aside, I'd say go for it! @raenndrops has a good suggestion with competing Xcel silver, but if that doesn't work for you, do bronze anyways!! Even if you're the only adult, everyone will still be impressed by your hard work and bravery for competing as an adult.

Truth! It's super common in T&T (though my girls haven't had the experience yet) to be the only competitor in your age group. Even through states and regionals. You still get the medals and the photo op on the podium!

I'm hoping to start an adult class in a few months. There are adult classes not to far from where I'm hoping to live.

I am a complete and total beginner so I would not be competing but it would be fun to try to flip around.

Cross your fingers that certain things fall into place so I can do it.

I'm hoping to start an adult class in a few months. There are adult classes not to far from where I'm hoping to live.

I am a complete and total beginner so I would not be competing but it would be fun to try to flip around.

Cross your fingers that certain things fall into place so I can do it.
I hope it happens for you... And you don't need that many skills to compete Xcel Bronze :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back