Advancing in Levels

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I started gymnastics kinda late so I am with kids a lot younger than me. Do I really have to do a level a year? or can I just move up when I am ready? How do I go about doing this.

Best bet is to talk to your coach. You only HAVE to go through a competition and receive a qualifiying score if you are under the age of 14 and not yet a freshman in high school. If you are over the age of 14, and you are a freshman in high school or higher, then, with your coaches permission, if you have the skills, you would send a petition video to USAG to petition to level 7. Otherwise, yes, you do have to reach the MINIMUM qualifying scores to go to the next level after you compete level five,and your gym policy may be different than that set by USAG-it may require higher scores, it may require other specific items, ie. strength and flexibility.

you should go by if you are ready or not. some people skip a level or two at a time, or some people go level by level each year. if the class that you are doing is to easy, talk to your coach about moving you up. thing is, it doesn't matter how fast you are moving through the levels, it's if you are having fun or not!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back