Anon Advice about moving a gymnast senior year

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I moved my Level 10 daughter toward the end of senior year. She handled it fine. She was old enough to understand that some lessons in life are more important than gymnastics.

Thanks for the advice. There is so much I didn't even get into. I agree. I hate this. I think my level 9 is stuck through regionals. I can't imagine she will make it to Easterns with this coaching situation. I might have to lay low for the level 10 til after regionals. I just wasn't sure if we should gut it out through senior year. This is just too much.
You are teaching your daughters about life. About what they should accept and what they should not, about how they deserve to be treated. When I moved my Level 9 & 10 two weeks before states (one was a senior) I wrote the coaches an email saying that if I continue to allow my daughters to be treated the way they were, I was signing off on their friends and future husbands treating them as less that they deserve. Not okay.

You are teaching your daughters about life. About what they should accept and what they should not, about how they deserve to be treated. When I moved my Level 9 & 10 two weeks before states (one was a senior) I wrote the coaches an email saying that if I continue to allow my daughters to be treated the way they were, I was signing off on their friends and future husbands treating them as less that they deserve. Not okay.
Thank you. Yes, I agree. Gymnastics only lasts for so long. I feel like I don't want to send the message that we will tolerate any kind of behavior or being treated poorly just so they can keep doing gymnastics. I hope we can find a situation that works for my girls.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News