Parents AirTrack Factory

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aussie_coach, this strikes me as a product liability lawsuit waiting to happen. All that is needed is for an injury to occur to a sympathetic plaintiff in a US state with generous rules as to what constitutes an unreasonably dangerous product. (Tort law in the US is state-based.) Common law has the concept of "assumption of risk," but if the risk is not foreseeable to the ordinary reasonable person, it may not enable the company to get off the hook. Sure, most ordinary parents might be able to foresee a concussion or some kinds of injuries that could occur by using an AirTrack, but as folks with a lot of gym experience know, once an inexperienced kid is launching her/himself into the air and rotating, all bets are off.

http://injury.findlaw.com/product-liability/what-is-product-liability.html

I dunno. I think if most people were willing to spend $2000+ then they would have better home bars than the ubiquitous Jr Kip bar. I'm going to believe this is a very small niche market until proven otherwise, but I suppose it was worth a shot.

I can send you a link to someone who has "better" than a Jnr kip bar at home. It is astounding.

I can send you a link to someone who has "better" than a Jnr kip bar at home. It is astounding.

I've probably already seen it. For example, that Instagram family we debated last month. But this is a very small amount of people. Most people don't buy their kids $2000 gifts. I mean, I've seen $2000 swing sets and I'd consider that if I had a lot of money because more than one kid can play on it (technically they can with the air track but they have to take turns) and it offers a lot more playing options. But a little mini Air Track? None of the kids on my huge team have better than a jr kip bar at home.

I would never...but I agree with a previous poster that my kids would ask for it from Santa... it totally looks like an accident waiting to happen.

There is a gym with the air trak locally. I must say it's pretty awesome (ya I've played) and it's fantastic for the parkour kids to have a reasonably soft(ish) landing for their off access twisting. No worse than those who've got bar sets/ beams in their basements, trampolines in their yards and panel mats on the bedroom floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back