And so it begins...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xrachx

Coach
Proud Parent
Countdown to the start of this year's competitions has officially begun.

12 weeks for us here (club grades), know it'll fly by though. Just keeping everything crossed that DD stays injury free, and she manages to work out how to stop bending her knees when they aren't meant to lol.

Who's in the same countdown boat? :)

8 weeks for us got the routines before Xmas nail biting as we have switched gyms recently to less hours but actually better use of time here's hoping she manages to get over that damn vault table by then. Btw does anyone know if not getting over would mean a fail?

DD has moved disciplines due to injury so first comp is in just under 3 weeks :eek: not sure how ready she will be but coach wants her to get competition experience (poles apart from previous coach).

DD is doing grades. I think it's a bit ambitious, especially given the standard here, and the fact she can't do the splits!

However in our club selection seems to be based on whether they can make the bar routine, which she can. It's really going to be range and floor where she struggles a bit.

It will be interesting!

Mind we also have 3 other comps before then for the two of them, between the two sports! DD1 has some big challenges this year.

She's doing regional or national not sure if they are they same grade 4 it's the front handspring thanks

That will be National 4. Regional still does handspring flatback.
In the NDP Grades handbook is says that they will be judged using the current FIG code of points, which you should be able to find on the BG website (search for WAG code of points), or try the FIG website.

Good luck to everyone! :)

8 weeks for us got the routines before Xmas nail biting as we have switched gyms recently to less hours but actually better use of time here's hoping she manages to get over that damn vault table by then. Btw does anyone know if not getting over would mean a fail?

If you zero on vault it is still possible to pass grades if all your other pieces are high scoring. But it is not easy to do that and most people will fail. It is hard to get over that table. Wish it was a bit lower.

8 weeks for us - we are doing Angel of the north at the end of Feb.
I have 2 national 3's, 2 national 4's, 2 regional 3's and a regional 4 to get ready, with 3 new floor routines to sort before then! #frazzledcoach

I have a mental block about Angel of the North being in Liverpool and not Newcastle. It's NOT RIGHT. Duh! It is so silly, you can't even see the Angel from Liverpool. They should call it Liverbird of the slightly north.

If you zero on vault it is still possible to pass grades if all your other pieces are high scoring. But it is not easy to do that and most people will fail. It is hard to get over that table. Wish it was a bit lower

So do I it's still bigger than she is add to the problem of her old gym being very weak on vault and barley getting off the floor when she jumps ( I don't know how she manages. Flic tuckback) lol then there's a couple of problems tw new gym
Is working hard to sort these out and we have a 1 on 1 lesson so hopefully that will help I know the first plan off attack to to sort her run out she always takes a couple of small steps and slows down when she gets to the board so she takes of on "the correct foot"

DD is doing grades. I think it's a bit ambitious, especially given the standard here, and the fact she can't do the splits!

Don't worry, DDs are fairly ropey, but she managed to get them all perfect for grades last year, so hoping she'll manage to pull it off again this year!

That will be National 4. Regional still does handspring flatback.
In the NDP Grades handbook is says that they will be judged using the current FIG code of points, which you should be able to find on the BG website (search for WAG code of points), or try the FIG website.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Regional 4 is a flatback over the table to a matstack I think so still quite hard if they are little.

I have a mental block about Angel of the North being in Liverpool and not Newcastle. It's NOT RIGHT. Duh! It is so silly, you can't even see the Angel from Liverpool. They should call it Liverbird of the slightly north.

Haha love it.

Yes it's funny that they haven't changed the name!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back