Parents And the search begins....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

armbmom

Proud Parent
I had posted previously about considering a gym switch, now it looks all but inevitable. They announced a coaching change and the current owner of the gym has continued to make horrible decisions, so, it looks like we are going to try out a couple of gyms. State is coming up and my dd is trying to stay focused on the meet and letting me worry about the switch. I know it is going to be hard on her, but she seems really excited about switching gyms. We have visited one gym a couple of times to see their 4 and 5 teams work out. My dd loves to go and watch because not only does she get to see kids doing 4 and 5 work, but also the higher level stuff (level 9 and 10 girls).

We have decided that whatever happens, we will keep our younger dd at the current gym. She's still in preschool gymnastics, and we are really trying to keep her from being impacted too much. She loves her teachers and is making great progress. Once the dust settles with my oldest, we will re-evaluate everything with my youngest and see what to do next. It will stink to drive all over the place, but I just can't see moving them both at this point. The current gym preschool program is fantastic. Hopefully the owner doesn't hold a grudge and won't make life difficult.

Wish us luck!

This may sound bad, but when you evaluate and eventually switch gyms I would make a clean "switch" so to speak. Having one child at one gym and another at a different gym will not go over well with either gym.

I have to agree--I would switch both at once, but that's just me. I have a friend who kept her girls at different gyms and it worked out okay. Really depends on the owner and how they take the switch.

Gyms are never happy when you leave. They take it personal whether they should or not coaches invest in kids and owners need gymnasts to support their business. Over the years we have ahd a few families switch one kid and not another it never went well at either gym untill final switch was made for both.

Switch both JMHO.....

I had posted previously about considering a gym switch, now it looks all but inevitable. They announced a coaching change and the current owner of the gym has continued to make horrible decisions, so, it looks like we are going to try out a couple of gyms. State is coming up and my dd is trying to stay focused on the meet and letting me worry about the switch. I know it is going to be hard on her, but she seems really excited about switching gyms. We have visited one gym a couple of times to see their 4 and 5 teams work out. My dd loves to go and watch because not only does she get to see kids doing 4 and 5 work, but also the higher level stuff (level 9 and 10 girls).

We have decided that whatever happens, we will keep our younger dd at the current gym. She's still in preschool gymnastics, and we are really trying to keep her from being impacted too much. She loves her teachers and is making great progress. Once the dust settles with my oldest, we will re-evaluate everything with my youngest and see what to do next. It will stink to drive all over the place, but I just can't see moving them both at this point. The current gym preschool program is fantastic. Hopefully the owner doesn't hold a grudge and won't make life difficult.

Wish us luck!

I would switch them both to the new gym. If its not good enough for one why would you stay at current gym with the other. Pre-school is the perfect age to change they really bounce back quickly and are over any switch drama in just a few days. Make it easier on yourself and put them both at the same gym. It's hard enough doing the mom taxi to one gym - make it easier on you.

When we switched, it was my younger one who needed (and has now found) "more" but there was no way I was going to be comfortable leaving my older DD at the old gym, knowing the issues and personalities involved. And it turned out to be the right decision, even though Little Monkey had to sacrifice a few months to wait for sister to be done.

I too would pull both kids at the same time. I did the 2 different gyms for a awhile because I felt like you that my youngest ones needs were being met at our old gym and why should this have to impact her. I did this for about 3 months until we showed up at older DD first level 4 meet and we were againest her old gym. DD wasn't even on team at her old gym just preteam so I never explained where she went. That next week when I showed up at old gym with little DD I was met at the door of gym by the head coach\owner who told me that my little DD wasn't welcomed back.

I too would pull both kids at the same time. I did the 2 different gyms for a awhile because I felt like you that my youngest ones needs were being met at our old gym and why should this have to impact her. I did this for about 3 months until we showed up at older DD first level 4 meet and we were againest her old gym. DD wasn't even on team at her old gym just preteam so I never explained where she went. That next week when I showed up at old gym with little DD I was met at the door of gym by the head coach\owner who told me that my little DD wasn't welcomed back.[/QUOTE]

That's awful!!! I can't imagine either that any gym has so much business that they can afford to just kick kids out. That isn't a normal reaction at all.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back