Ankle fairies, PLEASE!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastbeth

Moderator/Gymnast
Last night at highschool practice, I was helping a girl on my team with a cartwheel on beam, because she wanted to get a beam routine. (There are some very low level gymnasts on the highschool team). I was doing a cartwheel, trying to figure something out in the mechanics of it, when I apparently went into it with too much power and flew off the beam. It was sort of comical. But when my ankle came down to the ground, it landed right on the side of the mat and I heard a "POP" sound. Started to hurt really bad. I iced it the rest of practice, and am off to get an x-ray in 10 minutes. I can't walk on it at all today, and I just really hope it's not broken.

My team has sectionals tonight, and if we do well, we could get to states, but if I don't compete we won't even have enough girls competing. Right now it really does just seem out of the question to even do bars, but I'm just so BUMMED! This is bad for club gymnastics, and the end to an otherwise great highschool season.

So, if anyone could send me some "not broken" fairies, it would be very much appreciated. :)

Sending you good luck faires!!! I hope the X-ray goes well and its not broken. Hopefully a minor sprain or something.....Kepp us posted!

Not broken! Just a strained tendon. I couldn't compete in sectionals, and my team didn't qualify for states, so the season is over. It sure was a lot of fun though! Thanks for the ankle fairies! Glad it's not broken! :D

Glad to hear it isnt broken. You made the right choice not to compete and hurt it anymore than it already is. Hope you recovery goes well!

So sorry you/your team were not able to compete in sectionals. But so glad its not a break. Hope you heal quickly

Almost the exact same thing happened to me 2 days before a meet; I fell off on a cartwheel and landed on the edge of an 8 incher :( Wasn't broken, but turned all sorts of lovely colors. Sorry you weren't able to compete!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back