WAG annoyed and injured.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
So fridays training was a little annoying I had a coach run over my landing mat - not a gymnast, a coach leading a line of rec kids. She wonders why they never walk around the mats *sigh*

Then I was working flics (BHS) on beam when I felt what seemed like my shoulder popping out and back in, for the first minute or so could not move my arm - simply dead weight. It killed to drive home and has been sore ever since.

Just got back from the physio and turns out my shoulder subluxed - not even really sure what that means. I am now on strictly no weight on shoulder no hanging so basically - no tumbling, no push ups or strength of that variety, no chin ups no ropes no dips no leg lifts because I can't hang only lower body and tucks. Just as I have started getting back into training. This is frustrating.

Oh and while at the physio i discovered I was hyper mobile so basically I am more prone to injuries and she can pop my shoulder out with her hands without difficulty - ew!

Sorry to hear this -- I hope the shoulder heals well and quickly! Maybe your coaches or a PT can suggest some exercises to strengthen the muscles to make future subluxations/dislocations less likely?

Yup :) Been to a PT going again thursday got several exercises to do and I will be doing them! I need to be back tumbling and all in three weeks! it will happen!

So sorry this happened to you. Check out KT tape as well. It really helped when my dd was recovering from a dislocated elbow. Helps the body mind connection for range of movement and control and support for the stretched parts where the joint extended. At least that is how I understood it from the PT. good luck.

Just went back to the physio - apparently 12 week full recovery...fantastic, might be able to do a handstand in a week but who knows. I asked about our annual display and our aim is to be able to do a round off in 2 and a bit weeks but it may not happen :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back