WAG Arms affecting my tumbling???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay so every time I do a skill(mainly on floor) that I have to use my arms I like collapse. When I do front handsprings by arms bend so I can't rebound out of it. And when I do my kip CH on bars, my arms start to bend and I almost flip over! When I do my back handsprings my arms are also bent... My arms used to bend on my back walkover but now they don't... Any tips??
Thanks

It's hard to say not seeing it. What does your coach say?

I'd say partly, just make yourself lock you arms when doing your skills. Seriously, sometimes bent arms is a mental thing.

One question though, how is your shoulder flexibility?

It's hard to say not seeing it. What does your coach say?

I'd say partly, just make yourself lock you arms when doing your skills. Seriously, sometimes bent arms is a mental thing.

One question though, how is your shoulder flexibility?
Well my new coach just says to remember to keep my arms straight and I already tried and it doesn't work) and then my old coach he used to stretch my shoulders everyday because they are so not flexible.. Do you know any good shoulder stretches I could go at home/in the gym? But do I need good shoulder flexibility to do those skills without bending my arms? Thanks

Yes, shoulder flexibility can be an issue with properly doing those skills, and may be part of why you bend your arms. You need to be able to have an open shoulder angle on those skills. If you don't you may compensate with bent arms.

As or stretches, brides are good, esp if you push to get your shoulders over your hands. Doing them with your feet elevated helps work this. This video ahs some good ideas for home shoulder stretches. If you don't have a band, you could hold a rope for the first one. Just keep your arms wide enough, so that you don't have to bend you arms to do it.

Yes, shoulder flexibility can be an issue with properly doing those skills, and may be part of why you bend your arms. You need to be able to have an open shoulder angle on those skills. If you don't you may compensate with bent arms.

As or stretches, brides are good, esp if you push to get your shoulders over your hands. Doing them with your feet elevated helps work this. This video ahs some good ideas for home shoulder stretches. If you don't have a band, you could hold a rope for the first one. Just keep your arms wide enough, so that you don't have to bend you arms to do it.
Thanks I'll work on shoulder flexibility. But I didn't get the video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back