At-home conditioning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if your coaches require you to do conditioning at home. We get a sheet that tells us what to do on which days. If so, let me know which exercises you do and how many reps or for how long.

Hope to hear back from you :)

We don't have to do any conditioning at home. But if we are gone on vacation our coaches do hope we stretch a little. If we are gone for a while (about a month or so) they hope we do a little conditioning, but its not required. When our gym was closed for a week I made some of my own conditioning lists for home and did them, but I usually don't condition at home. I think I made a list for arms, legs, abs, one with all of them.

Yeah, since we're in the gym 4-6 days per week, our bodies need all the rest they can get! Off days are a chance for us to catch up on homework and a chance for a muscles to relax. When I was on vacation for 2 weeks, I stretched occasionally and did all the strength that we usually do that was possible with no equipment. I was actually able to visit a gym and do the whole strength list as well as work out a bit.

I'm in the gym around five days a week, but I still like to take at least an hour out of one day off to condition. Even if your coaches insist you need to condition at home, there's no concrete way for them to implement it, but if you do it you're giving yourself a competitive edge against your peers in your gym. Even if it's not required in your own gym, likelihood is it's required in rival gyms, so once you're not killing yourself doing extra conditioning, you're only giving yourself better chances in competition.

If you've got a yoga mat, or even a sleeping bag (what I use :) ) you can do a whole floor conditioning set no problem, and depending on the size of your house you can also do HS work (once your parents don't mind the risk of you falling on something expensive!).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back