[Meet] Atlanta Centennial Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

chalkbucket

Administrator

Atlanta Centennial Classic​

ACC-logo-wide.png

We go every year just about and will be going again this season. It's probably my daughter's number 2 most hated meet. lol. I think it's fine, I like the convenience of it and have no real complaints. But I have to admit, having been so many times (at least 5, maybe more), I'm not excited about it at all. And it seems like it's always cold and overcast/rainy when we are there.

Yes! My daughter hates this meet too. I seem to remember she complained about the floor or something along those lines. But I think it is more because she has yet to have a good meet there lol. I agree though the convenience is pretty nice if youre flying and easy to hop on Marta if you want.

We go every year just about and will be going again this season. It's probably my daughter's number 2 most hated meet. lol. I think it's fine, I like the convenience of it and have no real complaints. But I have to admit, having been so many times (at least 5, maybe more), I'm not excited about it at all. And it seems like it's always cold and overcast/rainy when we are there.
Atlanta winters can be so gross. I went to a friend's wedding the week before Christmas and it was so drizzly and foggy.

Anyone have recommendations for a place near the meet for a group dinner? I.e. affordable, can accommodate a large group (8-15), and has some reasonably healthy food choices? Thanks!

The airport? Since the meet is quite literally at the airport, there is very little around there. You are essentially in College Park atl, there is a cute little strip of some trendy like food places about a 1-2 mile walk from the venue area. But it might be too sketch for some as you walk through some semi industrial areas. Also, those restaurants are pretty small and focus on southern fare. The marriott has a decent sized sports bar there along with a nice outdoor patio that could possibly accommodate that number depending upon time and competition from all the other teams. Also its not cheap. Honestly your best bet might be getting on the MARTA and heading down to buckhead which has tons of dining options. It is easy to get on and the line there is a straight shot to Buckhead with no worry about transfers.

The airport? Since the meet is quite literally at the airport, there is very little around there. You are essentially in College Park atl, there is a cute little strip of some trendy like food places about a 1-2 mile walk from the venue area. But it might be too sketch for some as you walk through some semi industrial areas. Also, those restaurants are pretty small and focus on southern fare. The marriott has a decent sized sports bar there along with a nice outdoor patio that could possibly accommodate that number depending upon time and competition from all the other teams. Also its not cheap. Honestly your best bet might be getting on the MARTA and heading down to buckhead which has tons of dining options. It is easy to get on and the line there is a straight shot to Buckhead with no worry about transfers.
Not to sound dumb, but what is the closest MARTA "stop" to get around? To Buckhead (i'll have to look that up) and to the world of coke and aquarium areas? On my searching, it is sending me on a 15 minute walk to a MARTA bus stop?!

Not to sound dumb, but what is the closest MARTA "stop" to get around? To Buckhead (i'll have to look that up) and to the world of coke and aquarium areas? On my searching, it is sending me on a 15 minute walk to a MARTA bus stop?!
Lol. no, dont get on a bus! if you are flying in, there is a tram that goes from the airport terminal to the hotels/convention center and then on to the rental car lot. The tram station is just outside the airport terminal. Just inside the airport terminal, the same location where you walk out to get the tram, is the MARTA station. The world of coke and aquarium are downtown stops and are before Buckhead. If my memory serves me correct its Peachtree Plaza stop? but it is well marked and noted which stops have world of coke and the aquarium.

So if you are coming from the hotel/convention center - get on tram to airport, get off at airport - walk across street into terminal - as you walk into terminal on your left will be the MARTA station

Lol. no, dont get on a bus! if you are flying in, there is a tram that goes from the airport terminal to the hotels/convention center and then on to the rental car lot. The tram station is just outside the airport terminal. Just inside the airport terminal, the same location where you walk out to get the tram, is the MARTA station. The world of coke and aquarium are downtown stops and are before Buckhead. If my memory serves me correct its Peachtree Plaza stop? but it is well marked and noted which stops have world of coke and the aquarium.

So if you are coming from the hotel/convention center - get on tram to airport, get off at airport - walk across street into terminal - as you walk into terminal on your left will be the MARTA station
It’s very convenient to get downtown via the Marta. I know a lot of parents at our gym won’t use it, but it doesn’t usually bother me. Last time we rode it, there was a bit of a scary incident though and I’m not sure I can convince my daughter to ride it again. lol.

We’ve taken an Uber to a mellow mushroom that’s pretty close by. I know it’s a chain, but we like it. :)

Why are the L2/3/4 scores not showing on USAG App and mymeetscores.com for this meet, while scores for other levels are displayed?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back