Back somi sideways on beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It is a back tuck, but in the UK they call that a somi!!! Cool isn't it. Original as well.

Now cross your fingers she can get to event finals at the O's and have that skill named after her. We can called it the Nush!

OH! LOL I was thinking of that weird looking move with the bent legs. I've only heard of that being a somi.

This is an awesome looking move!

That is so cool! We love Danusia, she is so artistic and original, but I've never seen her compete that!

It's going to be so difficult to get a place on the GB team, a lot of girls are coming good at the right time and seriously knocking on that door and we are obviously rooting for the ones from daughter's gym. It would be nice to see Danusia too, but they can't all go...Getting exciting!

Great skill, but I wouldn't train a kid to do it. Most beam skills are bases upon taking off centered from left to right, with only minumal attention to direction forward and backward. In that sense this skill has no carry over value (not such a big deal), and there's a huge risk for broken foot bones when landing a bit "back" or "forward", far more so than any other skill on beam. That's not to say this gymnasts isn't qualified and benifiting from working the skill, but you ordinary, mere mortal....

That is so cool! We love Danusia, she is so artistic and original, but I've never seen her compete that!

It's going to be so difficult to get a place on the GB team, a lot of girls are coming good at the right time and seriously knocking on that door and we are obviously rooting for the ones from daughter's gym. It would be nice to see Danusia too, but they can't all go...Getting exciting!

flossyduck when you say gymnasts in the PLURAL that must mean the pool?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

flossyduck when you say gymnasts in the PLURAL that must mean the pool?

or notts? I've been trying to work it out too :lol:

There's only those two, and heathrow I think has plural gymnasts up for selection.

Liverpool only gym with SERIOUS possibility of multiple gymnasts?
Not up on the whole scene!
notts only Becky and heathrow nush and the girl i Cant think of the name of who is an amazing character!

Blimey, there are no flies on you lot!! LOL!

Obviously I'm aware of what is going on at DD's gym, but beyond that (and a few well knowns) I'm not very knowledgeable about where the gymnasts come from. Must clearly brush up!!

The academy has Imogen and ruby... there's Cardiff too, although they seem quiet at the mo- did the elder romaeo quit?

I don't know how many are on the potential list, but looking at the team results for the other week there's a couple of clubs with outside chances. I thought the flossy was north for some reason...crikey I'm such a stalker :). Not really, I'm just nosy!

Thanks Bog, any idea why? She was competing in 2011 as far as I can tell. She was obviously very interesting because of the olympic dreams program, whether the CGP would burn them out. Angel is 14/15 isn't she- not senior til next year. Wonder if she'll stick another 4 years. I remember Jessica Hogg and Lizzie Beddoes too...

Liverpool only gym with SERIOUS possibility of multiple gymnasts?
Not up on the whole scene!
notts only Becky and heathrow nush and the girl i Cant think of the name of who is an amazing character!

I think you must mean Nicole Hibbert from that description!

Yes!
Remember awesome coverage and much love to her quirky loud funny seeming persona from couch gymnast!

Thanks Bog, any idea why? She was competing in 2011 as far as I can tell. She was obviously very interesting because of the olympic dreams program, whether the CGP would burn them out. Angel is 14/15 isn't she- not senior til next year. Wonder if she'll stick another 4 years. I remember Jessica Hogg and Lizzie Beddoes too...

Not really sure, but training at the elite level is very intense. Plus we all know her father is a bit OTT when it comes to training. Perhaps the whole deal was overwhelming. Shame as she was lovely, but as we know gymnastics is a brutal sport.

Oh I remember watching that one now… enough said… what ashame because she seemed lovely and very talented.

BTW. It’s ok Faith I’m nosy/curious/interested too!

We UK posters are in such small numbers on here and ofcourse I would love to know where everyone is from, but the emphasis seems tobe on discretion and I guess I can see that… who knows what the coming weeks,months (years?) might bring and what I might want to ask or rant about!;)

The only safe place is to come out on PM. Alternatively you could set up a Brits private group in the group section and only invite people who you feel you can be comfortable with. The problem with outing your club here is then you cannot whine about it!!! A private group would give you the freedom to rant and share.

Apparently FIG "only" valued Nush's skill as a D - so she won't be competing it - It isn't the way FIG want beam to progress! BOOO!

I think the "Olympic dreams" series is about on YouTube. If you want to see crazy gym parenting, look it up. It's also fascinating to see these kids labelled as very talented at a young age, and see if they make it. The older boy romaeo boxer I think has quit too, allegedly there was some sort of fight in a park and he got banned. So that's two, they have another 3 kids to burn through, unless they've had a few more to up their odds!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back