Backbend help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I try to do my backbends but every time I lean back I go too fast. I sometimes can catch myself but my coach says that I need to work on them because I could break my elbow if I go too fast. I look at my hands but it just doesn't help. Do you guys have any advise on them besides practice and looking at your hands?

Watch your hands as you go down. And work on that ab strength because using that core will help you go down slower. Once you do it by yourself, it gets easier after every backbend you do. I got mine first standing on my bed and then tried it on the floor.

I had the same trouble before I learned how to control it. You can't just throw your body weight backwards or you will land on your back and get hurt. What worked for me is leaning my body weight in my hips forward as I arch back. Remember to keep your arms by your ears to make sure that your hands hit the ground first. Your arms need to be super strong so when you get to the floor you don't just collapse. You can't go half way down and get scared and try to come up or you will loose your balance and hurt your self. I hope I helped you!!!!!! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back