Bar dismounts!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hawaii_gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
I hate flyaways! I wont do them.. i could get them pretty easily if i wanted but i hate them! and i want something else that i can do in level 7 next year! any suggestions?

Thanks

Well, you have to do a flipping dismount. I saw someone do a front flyaway from regular grip at a level 7 meet once; she did a level 6 low bar and then her high bar was kip, cast, giant, then she killed her swing, did a tapswing, switched her hands so that she was facing the low bar, tap swing, front flyaway. It looked tiring. :) the only other thing I can think of that isn't a flyaway is a toe-on front, but I'm not sure if that's a C or not, if it is a C and you did it I think you'd get a 2.0 deduction.

You're in Canada, right? The JO code in the US is slightly different from the FIG code, for example a double back off beam is an E in the JO code while it's a D in FIG, and a split jump on beam is a B in JO but an A in FIG. I don't have a copy of the JO code so I'm not sure if a toe front is a B or C in JO, I actually think it might be a C because a lot a college gymnasts do them and I'm pretty sure their dismount has to be a C or they get a deduction. So you might want to see if your coach knows, but it's a good skill to work, at least for next year. :)

you could also do a butt bounce dismount :) if u do a full out of it it's a c..but u can just do a tuck or layout. you just sit on top of the high bar, press up, bounce on your buut, flip and land.actually pretty easy..u just have to figure out a way to get up on top of the bar and im not even sure you can do them in level 7...idk..

okay thanks.. butt bounce LOL!
My coach wont know cuz she probably wont actually get the JO until next year before we go.. im just gonna be prepared. And for the next year i wont be in the USA or go for another competition. But im the only one in my class with back layout and with flight element on beam so they might have to catch up! If you ever find out the value of the butt bounce or the front tuck from straddle off just let me know. Thanks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back