WAG Sapphire Beam Dismount

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This year I'm planning to compete Xcel Sapphire, but I'm struggling to find a beam dismount that works well. If I'm not mistaken, I need either a B salto or a B flight skill connected to an A salto. Right now I'm working a round off back tuck, but back tucks really freak me out. My coach really wants me to compete this, but I would like a back up. I've competed front tucks and pikes for years. I'm not great at twisting, but I can do some. Any suggestions?

Side note: does anyone else find the dismount requirement kind of annoying? I wish it was just a B acro connected to an A Salto, because then I could do a ft walkover ft tuck.

What about working a front layout or an Arabian?

The requirement seems fair, if not on the easier side to me for the level, for some reason in my head I thought Sapphire was closer in requirements to level 9/10, but this seems more like level 8.

This year I'm planning to compete Xcel Sapphire, but I'm struggling to find a beam dismount that works well. If I'm not mistaken, I need either a B salto or a B flight skill connected to an A salto. Right now I'm working a round off back tuck, but back tucks really freak me out. My coach really wants me to compete this, but I would like a back up. I've competed front tucks and pikes for years. I'm not great at twisting, but I can do some. Any suggestions?

Side note: does anyone else find the dismount requirement kind of annoying? I wish it was just a B acro connected to an A Salto, because then I could do a ft walkover ft tuck.
What about front hand spring front tuck?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back