WAG Bar Release Moves

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

several points to add to this thread.

1. a bail and a shootover (also overshoot) are all the same, just different terminology

2. at one point Anna Li was hoping to learn a kovacs
link about it The incredible gymnastics skill Anna Li wants to learn next - National Gymnastics | Examiner.com

3. the "counter swing 1/2 turn to low bar" is called an Ezhova

and 4. All of those "letter values" are for FIG, not JO. Nothing wrong with that just wanted to point it out. THey more or less follow the same progression in JO

actually, that's not correct. i don't have time right now, but many of the "letter values" are the same for JO and FIG. a Geinger is a D both sides. maybe you mean something else?

and terminologically speaking, a shoot over or over shoot from a bail is just that. it's not worth anything. it's only worth something, really, if the 1/2 turn goes to a handstand.

actually, no. she went the right way, just held on too long. going the wrong way over the bar is kinda an oxymoron. capiche?

Well she went the wrong way. Instead of going away from the bar and landing she went back over the bar. :p

And thanks for the correction of my terminology. And is it called a double flyaway or a double tuck or something else?

double flyaway. but the tuck connotes the body position. :)

here we go. you're certifiably "flip obsessed". go spread your manure elsewhere. thanks. bye.:)

remember this post of yours?

flip_obsessed
user-offline.png
Join a Group! Join DateApr 2013Posts4Liked0 times
United%20States.GIF

[h=2]
icon9.png
I'm freaking out and I need someone's help.[/h]
Okay so I need to train more, but my dad only let's me go 3 days a week. The only time I can go everyday when I'm supposed to is if i stay at a friends house for at least 3 days. The gym is 50 minutes away, and I know that's hard. But I carpool with 2 other people so he doesn't even have to drive all the way! My dad yells at me all the time for doing gymnastics and it's not fair because i can't quit..it would kill me inside. I cry just thinking about it. What do I do?...he makes me feel so guilty..

so then, you want us to believe that you recognize what a Kovacs is?

Excuse me? I train with the girls who do it. It's not like I've been doing gymnastics for like 2 months. I've been a gymnast my whole life. It's called new parents. One of the girls that's doing it is the coaches daughter. Who is a level 9/10. So please, stop talking.

flip_obsessed -

Unfortunately, your history of posts on here would seriously call into question your credibility. Dunno, on the other hand, has immense credibility on this board. The rest of us never want him to "stop talking".

Excuse me? I train with the girls who do it. It's not like I've been doing gymnastics for like 2 months. I've been a gymnast my whole life. It's called new parents. One of the girls that's doing it is the coaches daughter. Who is a level 9/10. So please, stop talking.
==
someone on your team or you has a phone that has video. Frankly, I would love to see a girl working a Kovac. So put up a video please.

actually, that's not correct. i don't have time right now, but many of the "letter values" are the same for JO and FIG. a Geinger is a D both sides. maybe you mean something else?

Actually I did mean something else. There is no letter value in the JO Code of Points higher than an E. Most skills do have the same value in JO and FIG but not all. The OP is in a JO setting so I figured that I would try to clarify that.

and terminologically speaking, a shoot over or over shoot from a bail is just that. it's not worth anything. it's only worth something, really, if the 1/2 turn goes to a handstand.

Correction, it might only be worth something "really" if the 1/2 turn goes to HS, but a swing forward from hang on the HB or swing forward from HS on the HB with a 1/2 turn and flight over the lower bar to hang is worth "something" in JO. In women's JO, a 1/2 turn over the LB to hang, starting in a hang on the HB is a "B" and a 1/2 turn over the LB to hang, starting in a HS on the HB is a "C."

well, yes. i was speaking about the majority of the bails that you see. not from a handstand on the high bar, and certainly not to handstand on low bar. :)

well, yes. i was speaking about the majority of the bails that you see. not from a handstand on the high bar, and certainly not to handstand on low bar. :)
==
not to mention bonus vs just doing a requirement.

All transitions between low to high bar are de facto capped at E now in FIG as are all pirouetting skills. Shaposh 1/1, Shaposh 1/2, Bhardwaj, Zuchold, Ezhova are all Ds or Es, but transitions are basically the only skills now that can generate the .2 CV. For this reason, they are being trained in exponentially higher numbers than in the past.

P.S. Anyone training little children to somersault over the bar is not helping the children actually learn skills.

i hope those in the know know that i was joking about F's, G's, etc; and then of course Z's. when that college guy competes that 2ble twisting Kovacs, i wonder what they'll rate that... I (Insane) Z (D score). lol on the flipping over the bar...:)

i hope those in the know know that i was joking about F's, G's, etc; and then of course Z's. when that college guy competes that 2ble twisting Kovacs, i wonder what they'll rate that... I (Insane) Z (D score). lol on the flipping over the bar...:)
No Fs and Gs??? I was getting excited for my 9 year old to learn a Q skill by summers end:p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back