Coaches Proper way to approach a gym about training with their team while on vacation?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymDad00

Proud Parent
We are going on vacation to my hometown this summer for a few weeks. I recently discovered a high-performing and well known gym exists a few miles from my childhood home and would love for my training Level 8 gymnast daughter to visit and ideally practice a day or two with their team girls this summer visit. It would be great for my daughter to experience a different gym training environment outside of her comfort zone. She's been at her current gym her entire career since pre-team.

How would you recommend approaching the gym about allowing my daughter a few days of training with them over the summer? We don't have current plans of moving back to this area to live, but it's not something totally off the table, since all my family live in the area and I grew up there.... Just curious the best way to approach this etiquette wise?

We have done this. It was pretty simple, called the front desk, left a message for the team coach. Told them our level and that we would be in the area for the month and would like to train with their team. We paid their regular rates for the month.

We have also had a visiting gymnast at our home gym. Not sure what process they used, but in both instances it was a great experence for both the home team and the visitor.

We’ve done this twice and went about it in the same way as LadyJ described above. Both gyms were very welcoming to my daughter and we had a great experience!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back