Bars help!!!!!! Please respond!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When I make my giantes, they're awesome. But most of the time I fall. Sometimes It's usually because of my cast. I really would like to find a way to keep my giantes consistant no matter how big my cast is. I have been very stressed because we have a meet in a couple days and I really would like to do well. Also, I have been doing squat ons for I don't know how many years, and I can't keep those consistant. It's usually because I am casting too big into it and fall forwards. It's hard because you get a lot of swing out of your clear hip circle. Is there any way you can control it? Please, if you're reading this, post an answer! Anything will help! This has been a problem for a while and I just want to have fun with the sport and not worry about having a horrible day on bars.

calm yourself girl. your elbows are bent when you finish your kips. they need to be locked straight when casting. and you are bending your arms on your clear hip which makes the power down out of control which leads to a bad glide which ends up with your elbows bent on your kip once again. vicious cycle, understand?

so, calm down when your working bars. and focus on keeping your elbows straight at all times and keeping wrist pad pressure on the rail at all times.

good luck!

im not sure if this is a problem on the giants, but you said that it was some times usually the cast. so it could be the body position in the giant. i could almost never make my giants because i had a huge arch and i would pike too much coming out of it. so make sure that you have a hollow body position and your toes go over first.

all that you posted ^^^ is caused by bent elbows. single leading cause of failure on bars worldwide.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back