Parents Beam deduction question (youngsters)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd was Level 3, but touching the beam was absolutely deducted as a fall. Maybe most judges wouldn't, but that judge did.

My dd was Level 3, but touching the beam was absolutely deducted as a fall. Maybe most judges wouldn't, but that judge did.
Ironically, I just checked with my anal child, and she showed me her scorecard. Yep. It was a fall. Blah. A bit harsh imho....but I will say she never did it again. So I guess they made their point.

Ironically, I just checked with my anal child, and she showed me her scorecard. Yep. It was a fall. Blah. A bit harsh imho....but I will say she never did it again. So I guess they made their point.

You can see the deductions on the scorecard? The ones my daughter has gotten have all just had the final score for each event.

Reactions: sce
Yes, because there was a judges clinic and they were very thorough for the girls. I didn't really need them to be though for level 2!

The official beam time does not start till the gymnasts feet leave the mat, so I probably would not have deducted for a fall but I am a "nice" judge. I would have taken .2 for the coach telling the gymnast what to do, however. It's possible that your judges took both...the fall and the communication deduction.

Reactions: sce
I highly doubt they deducted for this. Maybe could have started timing which would likely lead to overtime (.1) but even that is questionable in this case (they shouldn't start timing in level 2 until the child jumps to initiate the front support mount).

Deducting a fall in this case before the child has mounted the apparatus in level 2 is preposterous. Most judges wouldn't. There is no deduction for "touching the beam before mounting it" - something was lost in translation or the judge was drunk.

Most likely her score is due to her execution deductions, nothing more.

I wouldn't. [emoji4]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back