Because it IS fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastbeth

Moderator/Gymnast
There have been a lot of down posts recently, so I thought I would make a fun thread.

What is your favorite thing to do/favorite thing about gymnastics? It doesn't have to be a skill, it can be anything. I would have to say playing on the rings. Seems so hard if I actually had to do it as an event, but swinging around is great! What do you love in the gym, and about this sport?

Great thread gymnastbeth! I love to just be in the gym. It gives me something that i can do for myself and not for anyone else. i love the feel when you get a new skill, when you overcome a fear, or do well in a meet. I love my teammates that are always there for me. and i love to just flip around and have a good time. Another thing i like about gym is conditioning. I dont know what it is but every night i look forward to condition, and my teammates are like you are crazy! LOL. that is what i love about gym.

I agree with optionals rocks (besides the conditioning thing) ;P It feels amazing when you get a skill that you once thought you would never be capable doing. I love the bond between teammates-We all go through the same thing every day. It's nice to share your excitement, happiness, or frustration with someone who actually gets it. Sometimes gymnastics can be so difficult and frustrating, but it is still the best sport in the world!!! :)

Without gymnastics I think my life would be pretty boring. I'm homeschooled, and while I'm not 'unsocialized', I don't get to see friends everyday at school like most people do. From some of the things I read on this site, I think I'm lucky in that I've always (well, since team anyway:)) had good coaches that will listen to me and don't ignore me just because I'll probably never be a level 10. I also love how strong I've gotten; I hate to exercise (run/just condition for the sake of conditioning) so there's no way I would be this fit w/o gymnastics :p. I've learned to be confident in myself and that I can overcome fear/injury/rough spots. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I get a new skill or hit at a meet, and flipping is just soooooo fun!

Thanks for this thread gymnastbeth, and happy new year everyone!

Swinging on rings = yes! I do it all the time when no one's looking at school...once my hands got a lil sweaty and I went BOOM! right on my buttocks on the concrete floor...still...
Not to sound strange, but I love the smell of chalk...when I come into the gym and it smells like happiness!

great thread :) i love my team mate Jess and my coach Toni, i love how my gym is big and very bright and colourful, i love how everyone is so nice, i like our equipment, i love doing handstands and cartwheels on beam lol, i love swinging on the bar rope :), i love that there is an endless suply of things to learn in gymnastics. :)

Mack i totally agree! i've always loved the smell of chalk too lol, and the feeling of leaving practice and knowing you're doing something good and improving skills/strength. Also when you do a skill over and over but then you finally get the skill down :)

There have been a lot of down posts recently, so I thought I would make a fun thread.
QUOTE]
Great idea, gymnastbeth!

I absolutly ADORE the smell of chalk. I just love it! We gymnasts should earn some money for some pretty new leotards and make a perfume, "Eau de Gym Chalk". :D

I love everything about the gym & gymnastics. I love our old, "well loved" equipment, even though other people sometimes complain. I love helping out with little kids' classes! I just love the way gymnastics makes me feel :)

My favorite thing about gym is everyday I have someone there encouraging me, no matter good day or bad. My 2 favorite pieces are tumbl trak and bars:) This thread was a good idea:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back