Best ankle braces for gymnastics?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all! I am struggling to find good ankle braces for gymnastics. so I am asking here! I broke my heel in November of 2010 which made my left ankle high prone to serious ankle injuries so I have to either wear the ankle brace my doctor gave me or tape it every day. Well the one my doctor gave me causes me to slip all over the place at practice so I just don't wear it. Well. In the first week of December of 2011 I severely sprained my left ankle (the same side that I broke my heel on) and started developing severe ankle pains and shin-splint problems on my right side. SO I then had to start trying new ways to tap my right lg. I ended up going with a traditional ankle tape with extra arch support and also saran wrapped that taped up all the way to my knee. Well, I realize that I will need to continue using saran wrap on my right shin for my shin splints, but long story short I need two really good ankle braces for gymnastics that DO NOT SLIP on the floor or vault! Because, trust me, I have fallen many times in meets on floor, and completed many scary vaults in meets due to my ankle braces causing me to slip. Urghhh. Yes. Well. You get the point. I need highly supporting ankle braces that do not slip. At all. Okay, well thanks everyone! Lots of love to everyone!! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back