best friends at gym + fighting =jealousy?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

me and my absolute best friend love each other to death and have always been on each others tails on scores and places at competitions... we are both training level 9 and this past year right before regionals, we both made it, but she fractured dislocated and broke her finger the wednesday before regionals, therefore she couldnt compete, but however, she is back now, but not all the way, so i am succeading in my skills a little faster than her because im not injured, but she seems to get mad at me a lot... do you think its jealousy? im not sure... what should i do?

be supportive, tell her it's great how she's progressing, remind her that recovery will need time.
also, don't get mad at her for being mad at you - it's totally normal to feel frustrated in that situation. I had a similar situation with a friend in the build up to our competition season this spring. just be there for her and cheer her up when she's down. she'll be back in time. my friend did too (she even beat me at a competition, which, admittedly, I was quite mad about - but that's life and that just shows that there'll be ups and downs for everyone.

chelsey's training level 9!? and btw you are better than her so she should just get over it :D yeah chelseey hates me..lol..but sorry!! i don't have any advice or anything.. uh yeah.. see ya later!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
be supportive, tell her it's great how she's progressing, remind her that recovery will need time.
also, don't get mad at her for being mad at you - it's totally normal to feel frustrated in that situation. I had a similar situation with a friend in the build up to our competition season this spring. just be there for her and cheer her up when she's down. she'll be back in time. my friend did too (she even beat me at a competition, which, admittedly, I was quite mad about - but that's life and that just shows that there'll be ups and downs for everyone.

thank you so much. that really helps!:D

chelsey's training level 9!? and btw you are better than her so she should just get over it :D yeah chelseey hates me..lol..but sorry!! i don't have any advice or anything.. uh yeah.. see ya later!! :D

ha. brielle. i love you, and i dont know for sure really.... but its kinda not just her... another person too..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back