WAG Best meet gifts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
I know we had a thread recently on the weirdest meet gifts your gymmie has gotten, but what's the best? Our gym will be hosting its first "home" meet in the spring. We're trying to come up with something unique that kids will like that is not too expensive. One idea that has been thrown around is cusom pins with the name of the meet, the year, etc. Some think kids would like those (to put on their gym bag, buliten board, etc.), others think not. I would love to hear your opinions and ideas!

Thanks in advance!

I know this is extremely boring, but we like the tee shirts the best. Some of them are "really Cool" LOL! Design something "different", not just plain with writing. Another good gift was a picture frame, with the meet info on it. Gymnast Necklace or jewelry is always popular with my child. We have also recieved grip bags, small backpacks, waterbottles, etc...

not really a "gift," but each girl got a really cool medal with the name of the meet, etc., and then their name engraved on the back. then, when they placed on an event, they got a neat little pin that they put on the medal. the medal was fancier than the usual medals we see at meets.

Ooh... I like the picture frame idea. DD likes getting shirts too, but it does have the added complication of getting sizes, etc.

I think pins sound like a really good idea! Especially if they have the meet name. No sizes, good for a wide age span, and unique.
Socks are fun too, but I'm not sure how much is out there in the way of gymnastics themed socks. And after doing a quick search for custom ones they seem like they might be a bit pricey.
T-shirts and different kinds of bags are fun too, but not exactly original. For t-shirts you could give a coupon for a free basic meet t-shirt if you have a vendor on site. That way you don't need to worry about size. You could do a grip bag with tape and/or wrist bands. You could do a small stuffed animal with a meet shirt on, eliminates the problem of sizes. Scorebooks and bag tags are some other go to gifts, but I imagine you're looking for something a little more original.

I love getting grip backs with tape in them!
We got socks at one meet, they were from 10.0 and just had teddy bears on them, half were just printed on the sock and half were sort of 3D, I love them and wear them ALL the time!!

If you have a concession stand of sorts you could do a coupon for 1 free food item, you could make it specific or just that they get to choose whichever item.

Nail polish is always good and can work for a variety of ages. You can find that pretty cheap as well.

Headbands (Like ones you can wear for workout, not fancy ones) Just those elastic type ones are great!! These would be very useful for all the girls!!

Once I got a water bottle with the meet name on it, filled with hair elastics, headbands, and scrunchies, everyone loved it!

Hi! First, i like the pin idea. Some girls who I see at competition have a lot of them and have really interesting collections of them, for some reason, most meets in our area don't really do this so I have a grand total of 2 or 3.

Some other things that I have really liked are picture frames, especially with the meet name, or somehow gymnastics themed. If you can find ORIGINAL t shirts with funny sayings on them or something of that opera, they can be fun.

Things that I have heard of if you are more of a poetic/"remember every moment" person are gymnastics scrapbooks and these books that had gymnastics poems, sayings, jokes,and stories in them could be interesting.

One of the best gifts we have gotten was a picture disc of her floor routine. It was wonderful to have those awesome pictures and not have to pay an arm and a leg for the discs that are usually sold at meets. I thought it was just great and I know a lot of the other moms did too. I do think my daughter liked it too but I probably appreciated it more than her.

i like all the ideas posted above. i have gotten water bottles with the meets name on it(always comes in handy) small fleece blankets towels, and such with the meets name on it. Im sure if you bought them in big enough bulk it wouldnt be to expensive(it was a big meet thought) i

I like the idea of the rhinestone headbands, but truth be told...my dd likes the meet shirts. She sleeps in them, wears them all day at home (she's home schooled) and when she finally retires from gym, I'm gonna make her a quilt out of all those ratty t-shirts!!!

Yes, DD lives in her gym t-shirts too. Gym t-shirt, sweat pants or yoga pants, her fleece jacket with her gym logo on it that she got for Christmas last year, and her uggs and she's ready to go. I have also been saving her shirts for a quilt, though I can guarantee that I won't be the one making it!

not really a "gift," but each girl got a really cool medal with the name of the meet, etc., and then their name engraved on the back. then, when they placed on an event, they got a neat little pin that they put on the medal. the medal was fancier than the usual medals we see at meets.

This sounds really cool. I looked around online and couldn't find anything like this...

One year at the Go For It Classic in Las Vegas we got a wood plaque with the meet name & logo. We also go stickers for each of the events we placed on (in addition to medals ? I'm a bit fuzzy on that specific). For instance it would say "vault 4th". We could then put the stickers on our plaque. To this day I still have that plaque!

not sure if this works...trying to attach...

Attachments

• 12 Fall 001.jpg
    12 Fall 001.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 94
then her name engraved in cursive on the back and a little gymnast. Not sure if you can see here but the pins each say what place she came in on which event. I could give you the contact info for the host gym if you are interested!

I'd say my daughter loves her meet tshirts most. She wears them to bed, to the gym etc....She has gotten meet leotards from 2 different meets but never wears them because she doesn't like the fit. She has gotten gym shorts withe the meet name/logo and those are great, too.

She's also gotten bags but really, how many bags does one need?! Ditto for grip bags...she is emotionally attached to the one we bought the year she got her grips! Plus she got Aly Raisman's signature on it so she will never switch now!

Once she got a score book and she loves it....so much so that after a few seasons I had to make her a new one as it ran out of pages!!

I guess I say practical things they can use.

One year at the Go For It Classic in Las Vegas we got a wood plaque with the meet name & logo. We also go stickers for each of the events we placed on (in addition to medals ? I'm a bit fuzzy on that specific). For instance it would say "vault 4th". We could then put the stickers on our plaque. To this day I still have that plaque!

We attended a meet last year where they had this type of award. It was National Gymnastics Challenge in Athens, Georgia. Each girl received a plaque with a place for a picture and then for each event she received a metal stick on award that you stuck onto the plaque. It made a great keepsake from the meet with the added picture and was so different from the usual medals.

We went to a "Red Carpet" meet. They had a photo booth set up and when the gymnast checked in, they would take their pictures. During awards they handed out the pictures in a cool little picture frame that had a Hollywood theme to it. That's been our favorite so far.

Our gym does little scrapbooks for the gymnasts. We make the covers out of various scrapbook paper and then the inside has enough paper for the gymnast to fill in information about 8 meets (name of meet, date, what they liked best, things they'll remember, etc...) The way we score and fold the covers makes it so that the ribbons can be kept in the back of the book cover. And then the front cover has a die-cut star on it with a different patten.

Totally different and unique. It seems like the gymnasts like it when we hand it out to them (with candy of course).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back