Bhs bhs series help.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've been having trouble with my bhs bhs series on beam. I do it perfect on floor, and perfect on beam with two panel mats for the second bhs. But whenever I try to progress past that, like taking the mats away. I totally freak out. The mental game if gymnastics is really tough for me.

So I guess my question is what do you do to get over your mental blocks? And is this something that a coach spotting the first few will help me get over? Or is this something that I just need to throw and get over this myself?

Backwards skills are always scary for me, what helps sometimes is having my coach spot on a bunch, and gradually lessen the spot. Then when she thinks I am ready she will act like she's going to spot me but then won't do it. This usually works for me, this way I'm not afraid to do it, but once I've done it once by myself once I know I can do it again. It's still safe too, because she's still there just in case. The first one is always the hardest!

Think about how long you've been doing doing gymnastics and how prepared your body is for this skill. Sometimes you gotta just say--I might be scared but my body is a whole lot stronger then my mind. And it will take care of itself.
Go for it..lower a beam and put an 8 incher underneath, for a little mind help, and let your body take care of the rest.

You can do it. Coach wouldn't let you do it alone if he didn't think you could do it.
Don't overthink this, set and go and don't stop to think.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back