Parents Brag for Floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mmmm...never mind.

excellent and appropriate use of an 8" skill cushion.:)

Wow, that made my heart stop and I am not even her mother! If my dd progresses to that level, I will have to either take a Valium or leave the gym, I get so nervous watching the little ones do such difficult skills.

She is a lovely gymnast, she really has great potential with this sport. Congrats to her!

Very nice, Just wondering what age did she start gymnastics and how many hrs is she doing atm?

Wow, that made my heart stop and I am not even her mother! If my dd progresses to that level, I will have to either take a Valium or leave the gym, I get so nervous watching the little ones do such difficult skills.

She is a lovely gymnast, she really has great potential with this sport. Congrats to her!

made my heart stop too...

She has crazy talent! And to have only been in the sport for 2 years!! All I can say is WOW!! She has a very bright future ahead of her! Keep safe and keep it fun!! (she looks like she is having a great time!!)

She is a very talented little gymnast for sure.

Just a side note...This is why I could never be a gymnastics judge...I only saw her twist once in the air. I had to watch it again to even see the 2nd twist and most of the 2nd twist looks like it is on the landing...makes me a little nervous for her little knees.

Flynga, Kyrie is a strong, talented little gymnast. Congrats to her on her hard work!

for reasons that are not obvious to the general public and the inexperienced & untrained minds eye...

Care to clue in the general public?

I cringed a bit at the end, the proximity of the mirror scared me. I am not a coach/gymnast so the rest looked nice but again, I have no point of reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Mariainlv - i wonder what you mean Dunno?
It sounds like you think there is some 'issue' here - danger? poor technique?
I personally wouldnt have a clue - but would be interested.

by the way - to me as 'general public etc' - it looked 'wow!' - well done - so young, and so much potential!

She's not completing the twists in the air and therefore twisting into the ground, the same thing that cause Mustafina to tear her knee ligaments after consistently under-rotating her Amanar twists. Kyrie looks no-where near around to be throwing a double full on the floor.

actually, bella's mom, it's not. i respectfully submit that the performing of a double full at 7 is misguided. and the performing of such at this age is no indication of the future.

i also respectfully submit, that performing said skill under-rotated and under-twisted repetitively over time could mean no future. this i can state within a reasonable degree of professional certainty.

This was her first day on the floor and I videoed just the one double. She has had her full since she was six and competed it all throughout her Level 7 season. She has been working her double for a while on tumble track and rod floor and has those down pat. She has her double much better now since the post and as I said when I posted that she was working on perfecting it. She will be competing Level 8 and 9 in the next season so she will need to have this move for L9. I just posted cause I am proud of her and of all that she has accomplished at the ripe young age of 7.

Kyrie just got her double full!!! I am so proud of her, she never fails to amaze me so I thought I would just share my happy moment. Thanks!!!

YouTube - 7 year old Kyrie, double full on floor

here is your original post.

edit: okay, i'm compelled to say something. a full is not required in level 7 in the US. it also has no additional value if performed. a full has value at level 8. additionally, a double full gets you a 0.00 at level 8 and only has value at level 9. as performed as seen it receives NO credit for a double full. therefore, this MAKES me question whether you know what a double full looks like when performed correctly. here is a typically proficient double full. and done in the last pass. YouTube - Anna Corbett Gymnastics Midwest Open Floor 2011

actually, bella's mom, it's not. i respectfully submit that the performing of a double full at 7 is misguided. and the performing of such at this age is no indication of the future.

i also respectfully submit, that performing said skill under-rotated and under-twisted repetitively over time could mean no future. this i can state within a reasonable degree of professional certainty.

How do you know that this is being done repetitively wrong, which I assure you it is not. All I wanted was to post a "brag" about how proud I was with my 7 year old daughter and you just consistently post negative comments to everyone's comments, and I posted this in the parent's forum. If I wanted critizism then I would have posted in the coach's forum and I didn't, I am proud of my daughter.

here is your original post.

It was just like I said the First time on the floor. I do not consider tumble track, pit, or rod floor actually getting a skill. Those are learning tools and this was her first time on the real floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back