Parents Building strength

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xxStumpyxx

Proud Parent
hi
My daughter is 9 and has quite good upper body strength, she can do pull ups and chin ups to chest height on a good day at gym, she usually has to do 5 of each at gym to chest height as part of the conditioning they do. My daughter is currently struggling with hanging chin circle overs, she does hers on the low bar as she is tiny and can easily hang off the low bar without her feet touching the ground. my daughter can do pullovers if her feet are on the ground and can occasionally do one from hanging.

Is there anything she can do at home to help her gain strength? She has access to a pull-up bar and and mat for any conditioning she might want to do. My daughter currently trains 3 days a week ( 3 X 2.5 hours) - Monday, Thursday and Saturday and they spend around 30 - 45 mins warming up and conditioning at the start of practice and around 15 mins stretching down at the end of session.

First and foremost, I would ask her coach about it. It may not be a strength issue, but rather just not feeling how the skill works and what muscles to activate when.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back