Burnt Out

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Its seems so strange to me but the last two the one thing I love more than anything feels like work that I just don't want to do. I don't know whether I'm burnt out or what or just frustrated. Its one month before nationals and I just feel like i don't want to go to practice. Recently instead of getting better I'm struggling with my tumbling, still having confidence issues with my backwalkover on beam that I thought I had sorted out and still can't do a cast handstand on bars for my "B" skill. Just thought I'd post my frustration hoping for some encouragement. I really want to get back on track but I'm not sure how. I'm thinking maybe I just need a couple days off to refocus. Anyway if any of you have experienced anything similar please recommend how to get out of this slump. :confused:

Oh Kylie, thats upsetting. I think a couple of days off would be good, take time to refocus what you are doing! What you do is amazing, and fun, and never lose sight of that. Skills will come and go, and it gets frustrating, but you have to remember to look at what you have done and what you have accomplished so far, and how far you have come since you have started!

I went through a spell where I was just so frustrated, felt like I wasnt making any progress, when it was wonderfully pointed out to me that I had indeed been making progress, even if I felt as though I hadn't been. You have to find the fun in it again. Maybe next practice, of course you need to work skills, but just spend time doing the stuff that is fun, like dive rolls into the resi, or whatever you think is the most fun thing to do, and focus on that for a short bit, just to get the fun factor back. It worked amazing for me, I took two whole practices just doing the stuff that I thought was fun, and it totally refreshed me. Hope things start to look up again soon! Try not to stress about nationals next month, you'll totally kick some butt!!

oh my, it isn't just me?! i was wondering if i was loosing interest because the weather was getting so much nicer, or because i never have time to spend with my man, or i was frustrated because i couldn't put any weight on my hand.
if it helps at all...i was so invigorated after last sunday's state meet. i vaulted for the first time since feb winter nationals, i tumbled for the 2nd time in three months.
i'd take some time off. if a week, you'll want to be back in the gym. or treat every practice like a meet. you get your 30 sec to 2 min warm up, and then routines.
have fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back