Parents C*r*a*z*y gym parent

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I WISH you would get banned - I don't think I have ever run into such a ignorant or rude person - I assumed this board was here to help parents with their vents and thoughts - either I am way off base with my assumption or you are the exception to the rule. You must be the biggest bit&* to walk to earth - who do you think you are?? You do what you want with your child and I will do the same. When your child decided gymnastics isn't for her and she doesn't have the skill to play another sport you will remember that it was you that made her choose at whatever age YOU decided she shouldn't do anything else !!

IF you look further it was not me that you asked to explain yourself so - go under a rock and stay there you ignorant .... Oh now I see you are a coach that explains alot I would certainly want you around my child .... NOT

Yikes!!!!!

Eeek!! I guess some people can't handle the truth. Dunno can be pretty harsh, but of you take a step back from your situation and see yourself in a different light, it only helps you grow as a parent. JMO.

I agree with you. Although I consider Dunno's comments more direct and straight to the point but most of all not candy coated which many folks see as harsh - I see it as an honest look at a situation. I value Dunno's comments as they are usually right on the money and are a very objective point of view.

Most folks I see that take offense tend to come to the board expecting certain feed back in a certain way and when it doesn't happen they can see harsh etc. Its just a discussion board and if you ask for an opinion you will get ALL opinions including ones you may not like. I go with take what you need from the discussion and is of use and ignore the rest.

I agree with you. Although I consider Dunno's comments more direct and straight to the point but most of all not candy coated which many folks see as harsh - I see it as an honest look at a situation. I value Dunno's comments as they are usually right on the money and are a very objective point of view.

Most folks I see that take offense tend to come to the board expecting certain feed back in a certain way and when it doesn't happen they can see harsh etc. Its just a discussion board and if you ask for an opinion you will get ALL opinions including ones you may not like. I go with take what you need from the discussion and is of use and ignore the rest.

Totally agree...although I wasn't around for much of this "discussion" , I went back read the Original Post and responses and have to say, the OP kind of sets it up herself by calling herself the "crazy gym parent" and then signing "unsupportive" at the end...I don't really know how else people would have responded...Dunno probably said what a lot were thinking..

I agree with the above posters that Level 8, softball, and cheerleading seems to be a lot on one plate. Like they say "Jack of all trades...Master of none", her slower progression (which really doesnt seem that slow to me) may be due to the fact she is doing so many activities in conjunction with her gymnastics. Now if doing that is what keeps her sane and in the sport and she is happy with her progression then sit back and enjoy the ride. If she is getting frustrated with her progress maybe she needs to decide what two activities mean the most and narrow down what she wants to do.
I am in and out on the board depending on when or which of my kids is in the gym. Right now it's my youngest and she loves it. dunno has been on this board since the day I signed up and yes, he says the things we are all thinking but don't want to say. It may be a hard pill to swallow but it's worth it to step back and look from the outside in.

Next time, try classifying your post as a "VENT" and maybe you will get more sympathy. :) Really, you may just be temporarily frustrated with a phase that your DD is going through. It could pass. If not, then seriously think about whether or not the commitment is worth it for everybody. But rest assured, you are not the only gym mom who has questioned the insanity of this crazy whirlwind of being a gym mom. It's expensive, and a HUGE commitment. But the reason we go here to vent (and I'm completely stealing this idea from another post I read on this site- so I apologize) is because we secretly like it and want people who also love gymnastics to talk us out of our craziness and encourage us to press on with the sport. If you are looking for someone to tell you to save your money because gymnastics isn't worth it, this is simply the wrong place. (Very respectfully....)

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back