Camps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

B Gymnast

Not sure if there's already a similar thread, but I'd like to know what camp everyone is going to this summer :)

I'm going to FlipFest and the University of Missouri camp. I went to FlipFest last year, but this will be my first time at Mizzou.

And I was also wondering if anyone has had an experience with Karolyi Camp..? One of my teammates went, but that was about 5 years ago (before I'd even started gymnastics), and one of my friends from FlipFest went 2 years ago.. Neither said good things about it :/ But I was just looking for some more opinions because I'm thinking about trying it maybe next year..

I am going to IGC for the first time this year so if anyone has any experience with that also. (I am not trying to take over the tread). I have never been to flip fest but I have only heard (many) positive things about it.

Bella is going to Week 5 of FlipFest! It will be her first year going to sleep away camp and her first gym camp.

Oh and that reminds me.. I'm going to FlipFest week 3! Anyone else??

my DD went to SEMO (Southeast Missouri State) 2 summers ago and would LOVE to go to Mizzou!! We are not quite ready for camps outside of the state yet!! But from what I have read on CG it seems that FlipFest is a great camp also!! Have fun!!

Last year Kathy went to Woodward all by herself... didn't know a soul... and did great. But this year she is thrilled that SIX of her teammates are going with her! They're all training either level 5 or 6 (or beginning prep op, which is somewhere in between) and between the ages of 8 and 11 (staying in a "junior cabin" so that they can all be together). They'll be there week 3. Anyone else with a DD in that general age group who may be going by herself that session, feel free to PM me. I know I would have loved to have someone for Kathy to request as a bunkmate last year, even if it was just someone she could have spoken to on the phone ahead of time so she'd have someone at least semi-familiar there.
I hope everyone has a great time at camp this summer! The weather today is finally making me believe that summer may eventually arrive. Seems like it's been WEEKS since I've seen the sun!

My DD is lucky that her gym hosts one of the very few camps in the UK, so we have Easter Camp from Monday, and then a week in August. She loves it, but doesn't get the whole stay away from home experience, but saves me some pennies !!

My daughter is going to Flip fest week 1, this is her first time there. She has been to Michigan and Sharps. Let us know how Mizzou is...hopefully next year she can go there as one of her teammates will be a freshman on the team!

My DD is going to NC State camp in June and then the L7/L8 Regional qualifiers camp in Florida in July.

I wanted to add to those of you whose DD's are going to Flip Fest. My DD went a couple of years ago and she LOVED it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back