WAG Canadian National Gymnastics Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

stargazer

Gymnast
I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but for those who haven't here's the website for the competition - including info on volunteering, buying tickets, and the preliminary schedule! Anyone else ridiculously excited for this? I'm going to be able to go to nearly 3 full days of competition!
http://www.gymnastics2013.ca/Gymnastics2013.nsf/home_en.xsp

I've heard that volunteering for two or more shifts gives you full access to the competition but haven't been able to confirm that on the website. Does anyone know if this is true? I've emailed them and will report back when I hear what they say.

(Mods, I tried to put this in the 'Gymnastics Competitions' forum but wasn't able to, sorry if it has to be moved)

I would love to take dd, but with the expenses of Gymnix and Easterns, we just can't do it. We will be expecting full reports from you!! Have fun. Gymnix was my first chance to see some Junior and Senior competitions live and it was awesome!

I did put the link up a week or so back, but it quickly got buried. No idea how volunteering works, hope you hear back. I am going to try to be there on the Thurs/Fri/Sat but hotel rooms are crazy expensive due to the marathon that weekend.

Bog, I definitely didn't see your previous link or I would have been thanking you up and down!
So I heard back and just as I thought, here's what she said: 'In terms of access to the events - the information you have heard is not correct. You would receive access to the event for the day that you are volunteering. If you work a number of shifts over 3 or 4 days we would look at providing a pass for the week - but it is definitely not for working 2 shifts. Hope that helps'

Oh well, it will be fun to volunteer anyways and get to see the competition close up! There are two gymnasts from my club who are going as well, so that's very exciting for them! I'm going to be there parts of Mon, Thurs, Fri and Saturday so hopefully I'll see lots :)

I didn't realize that was the marathon weekend, the city is going to be so busy! I don't envy anyone trying to find a hotel.

I would LOVE to go! Hopefully there will be live streaming. I saw a couple National girls at NS Provincials (they qualified for Nats) and they looked GOOD.

I am going to be there watching for the first time ever - my dd qualified and both my husband and I will be there to watch - very exciting!!! :)

I am going to be there watching for the first time ever - my dd qualified and both my husband and I will be there to watch - very exciting!!! :)

Congratulations. That is a huge deal. Plus Ottawa is a great city to be in. If you want any tourist ideas drop me a PM.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back