Can't afford gymnastics :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've had to take the summer off of gymnastics every year for 6 years, and it really holds me back. My school pays for the school year only. But only pays for 1X / week and my coach says I need to go at least 2x/week. But I can't afford it... I'm already selling cookies and things.. but it's not enough. Any Ideas?

Also, I need to pay for clinics this summer ($300)
and next summer ($552):eek:

Is there any gymnastics scholarship? When you say you can't afford it, you mean how much?

Help us helping you...:(

try asking family if they can help. Grandma's and aunts are usually good for those extra thing. don't forget the pouty lip thing.

How about a yard sale - I'm sure if your home is like mine there are tons of things in a garage, attic or closets thats are good but nobody really uses and you could sell on a weekend. we did a yard sale and ended up with almost $1000 at the end of a weekend. I couldn't believe what people were buying.

How many leos do you have that don't fit - e-bay is great for that usually you can get a good $15 for each of them.

Are there any craft fair type things coming up - a bake sale at those usually does well or a child care you know babysit while mom goes shopping could be something the whole team does.

if you don't mind hard work there are plenty of old people out there that will pay for someone to pull weeds etc in their yards and gardens. Just look for the yard that needs attention and see if they will hire you.

Cher had some awesome ideas, I'm not sure I have too much else to add.
Depending on your age, you might be able to coach or help coach at your gym and in turn they could take money off your tuition or put it towards camp fees.

You could also see about being a Mother's helper. You could offer to take care of the kids for a couple of hours while mom is still home so the kids are out of her hair and she can get stuff done. Charge less than you would for babysitting and it could lead to babysitting jobs. Another option is a dog walking service. You could set up a schedule and walk every day or every other day. Whatever fits into your schedule.

It cost like $150 for 1x/week.. and that's what I was paying.

Usually at most gyms there is a discount on price if you have more time or classes at the gym.

I am assuming that is a rec class and the $150 is per month.?

Usually at most gyms there is a discount on price if you have more time or classes at the gym.

I am assuming that is a rec class and the $150 is per month.?

Yeah, my regular competetive (spelling?) class is $150 for 1x a week for one month.
Then I have 2 camps I kinda have to go to.. they cost $300, and the other is around $552 i think.

Yeah, my regular competetive (spelling?) class is $150 for 1x a week for one month.
Then I have 2 camps I kinda have to go to.. they cost $300, and the other is around $552 i think.

:eek:OMG that's so expensive!!!! You know how much I pay monthly for 2 one-hour classes? 10€!!!
I mean, the quality is obviously different but, can't you move to another gym?

:eek:OMG that's so expensive!!!! You know how much I pay monthly for 2 one-hour classes? 10€!!!
I mean, the quality is obviously different but, can't you move to another gym?

ok what the heck is 10€ in US dollars?

10 euros is what, 15-25 US dollars.

For our gym in Ca for $150/month, you can train like 6 hours a week. 3dx2h or 2dx3h.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back