Can't even explain how happy I am!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As many of you know, I have been posting a lot in the past six months about a mental block on my roundoff backhandspring. Well tonight at practice I had my coach just stand a few feet away and I did it! Then I went back on the floor later and did three really good ones (and according to my teammates they were all with straight legs). I am so happy because I have been super discouraged and sad about this and even thought about quitting. It's kind of unfortunate that I got over this 5 days after my last meet, but I am still ecstatic to be doing them again. I also got all those other skills back that I posted about being scared of. Thanks to all of you who encouraged me. It really meant a lot!

Congrats! My DD still has trouble with those darn backhandsprings! Good for you for doing them with straight legs too!:D

Way to go! Hard work always pays off and conquering mental blocks is hard work! I'm so glad you stuck it out! :)

Congratulations!!! Gymnastics is such a "mental" sport and it really takes a LOT of hard work and courage to overcome a mental block/fear!!! Now you KNOW you CAN overcome these so that when the next one comes, you'll be ready to face it head on!!! Congrats again!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back