Parents Chalk bucket or the News??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I won't go into details about my DD and her accomplishments, but I will say that I love our gym, particularly her coach(es) and feel very thankful that she is where she is! There seems to be so much of a grass is greener mentality and maybe some places it is, but she is thriving and I know that they care about her as a person not just a score or a gymnast :).

Random bit of info. Yesterday, for the first time ever, my ODD decided to do a robhs on a non-spring (or rod) floor. She did it from standing. She has always been so terrified of tumbling anywhere but real gymnastics floors. She wanted to show herself that she was so comfortable with it that she could do it anywhere. Surprised the heck outta me.

We have a bit of good news here! Last year, before we switched gyms (to a better, more competitive gym) DD7 asked HC what she needed to do to be invited to TOPS training. This gym did training but did not test but was still invite only. HC actually laughed..and then had nothing to say. DD, of course, was super sad but kept plugging away, we switched gyms a few months later and she had a great season. Anyway, we found out today she is being invited to the new gym's invite only training group! Similar to TOPS but they don't test either. I know it's not a huge deal but it will mean a lot to her because she has worked very hard this last year!!

Good job mom! You did a great job and we should all hope to be so lucky as to see this through to the end healthy and happy!

Thank you!!
A lot of ups and downs, and happy tears and sad tears, but she ended on the best possible note.
And I believe the fact that they recruited her to coach is also a testament to her character through all of it :)

My daughter is the youngest member of her training group and when the group began to work on its dance for the Team Banquet she was told she would have no say in its choreography. Fast forward two months and her ideas are being accepted into the choreography. I admire my daughter's strength of character and her journey in earning the respect of a tough bunch of older girls.

Happy news: Coach told DD yesterday that she is ahead on her training Level 9 floor for it being only May.

This makes me so happy for her as last summer she was injured and modified all events for over 2 months. Floor was where she went into the Level 8 season furthest behind.

Fingers crossed for a happy, healthy summer! For all!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back