WAG Child Predator + Vanasia Bradley

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

thepenguin

Gymnast
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1412304755.221516.jpg

As a parent, this is the stuff of my nightmares. :( I hope they find this guy and punish him to the full extent of the law.

Vanasia is not the first to be hacked. My daughter was contacted almost a year ago by another Nationally ranked MI gymnast and asked very inappropriate questions. Even though we do not live in Michigan, thankfully we know the gymnast and her mom and within minutes my dd's radar pinged that the person chatting with her was definitely NOT her friend.
I immediately contacted the mom and told her what was happening. I also screen shot the entire conversation with the imposter. The mom contacted both facebook (who was no help and claimed to not be able to do anything) and the police dept. I then turned over the screen shots to the investigating officers. I know that my dd was not the only one contacted. And I know that the imposter was able to get some younger girls to send pictures and live webcam (mine refused).
The imposter is very good....they cannot seem to locate the IP address that they use because it's mostly through facebook chat (not sure why that makes a difference). I think judging by some of the comments made by the imposter that they are located in MI. They seemed to know things going on in one of the michigan gyms that only someone who was there to witness would have known......and since they have now chosen another MI athlete to hack (Bradley) it makes it even more likely (assuming it's the same hacker).

Lesson to parents. Make sure to tell your kids that even if they Think they are chatting to a KNOWN friend, if something does not seem right.....TELL. My dd thought she was chatting with her friend. Why would she not. But when things seemed odd she immediately came to me, while she was still in conversation with the imposter. Which was key. I'm very proud of my DD, glad to know that she is a smart cookie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back