WAG Christmas vs. Gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnastisism

Coach
Proud Parent
How many days does your gym take off during the Christmas/New years break? Do you train right up until Christmas eve? Are there practices between Christmas and New Years? Do you get right back in the gym on the 2nd of January?

My gym only takes days off on Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Years day. All the rest is training as usual :)

My DD is still in compulsories, and they are pretty much out the whole two weeks school is out, because we are done with our competition season until next August. That is also when they change levels if they are getting moved up. So they finish with their old team when they leave for the break and have their first day with the new team when they come back. But the optional girls still train almost every day. I think they are off Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. I remember last year that they just conditioned a few of the days as well.

The week of Christmas is 1 of 2 weeks all year that my dd has off. The entire gym is closed.

3-4 days I think, compulsories get more time and rec get whole 2 weeks but because our seams starts January 10th we try to be in the gym

Last practice of the Year: Dec. 19
First practice next year: Jan 6
There will be a team party (most likely Dec 20)
We usually have 1-2 open gyms during that time too... I could see them being Dec. 27 and Jan 3.

The only days off is any holidays, so this year the only practices missed will be Christmast Eve and New Years Eve, if Christmas was a training day we would get it off. This is team only, rec classes finish mid December and return a week into January.

Our first meet of the season is 1/3, and most of the girls don't have their complete floor routines yet, so I am guessing (hoping) that the off days will be minimal.

We have two weeks off which coincides with the school holidays, its the only time the gym closes, so the owners can have a Well deserved break

I don't even know, but we usually going skiing the Christmas week. So, if the gym is open (I think it is), DD will miss two practices.
We also have a home meet the weekend right before Christmas, so we are leaving a day or two later than we normally would. Oh well, the home meet is important, can't miss that one.

no real closure, just holidays off. Last year, the optional girls had an optional Christmas Eve morning workout. We have a meet the weekend between Christmas and New Year's so it's work as usual.

We train right up to Christmas eve, then obviously no gym on the 25th, optional practice on the 26th, then practice as usual and the 1st off.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back