WAG Church & Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Living in a big city we have been able to change the church we used for ccd based on the time it was offered. Luckily, we finally landed on one that has kept it on Sundays for a few years.

I have this issue this year with dd - it is her first communion year. For meets on weekends, I've been just changing up what mass we attend and since she competes the lower levels, really if it is an early meet, we can often get done and back before at least one of the Sunday mass times.

CCD is another story. I've been teaching CCD for the last couple of years (weeknight obligation) just to help out. It was a major pain in the rear lasr year because her gym hours increased so much, and will again this year. Our parish officially doesn't recognize homeschool CCD, but some individuals have gotten approval for it. I'm hoping to be one of them. :) If not, then the parish next to ours (where we used to attend before we moved) DOES allow HS CCD, so I'll need to switch over our registration to them and do it there. Not only do I have time commitment issues during the week, but quite frankly I'm not happy with the curriculum they use, and would prefer something more rigorous anyway. This will help on all fronts...

Our gym doesn't have team practices on Wednesday, but DD's other sport practices on Wednesday. It bothers DH a little, especially if we miss several Sundays for athletics. DH sometimes pops in a religious music CD while we are on the road to try to make up for it .

התעמלות היא דת. אלוהים יש מקום מיוחד עבור מתעמלות. :)

Post Google translate -- I do not know if I would elevate it to a religion . . . .but I have no doubt that God has indeed reserved a very special room for gymnasts. I will stick a Produnova in this room.

This brought on so many arguments between me, my coaches and my family. It was a stressful and low time for me. It's unfortunate that theres not other way to do it, I personally chose not to get confirmed. Hope it all works out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back