Off Topic Clothes Not Fitting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SuperGirlmlm

Gymnast
For me, clothes don't fit my gymnastics body.
The small hips, I always have to wear a little belt.
Muscular biceps, the sleeves on shirts at some stores are really thin.
Muscular legs, can't wear skinny jeans.
Broad shoulders, ect.

Yeah, I have kind of a weird build, so it's hard to find clothes that fit. Especially pants. If the legs are the right length, the waist is too big. If the waist fits, the legs are too short or too skinny. And skinny jeans are a definite no. I tried them on one time and could barely sit down!

That's why I stick to sweatpants/shorts.
I was a bridesmaid in a wedding in May, my aunt, who is an amazing seamstress, shortened my dress by 2 feet, we ordered the smallest size to, and bring the everything in, especially the waist, in a lot. So, pretty much she took the dress apart, cut it up and put it back together again.

Hee.

I gave up on jeans marketed as women's/girls/juniors years ago. My pants are (very small) mens' pants. Sleeves are a tool of the oppressors (read that as: big shoulders, biceps), but I did learn how to take in the sides of Ts that fit in the arms and shoulders.

I've found for a lot of things I have to be willing to alter them, or look at alternative solutions (for jackets: boys/young mens' department is my friend).

Pants- I buy jeggings in a size or two too big and wear a belt/hem them. Strechy helps your legs fit in (it's not perfect, not gonna lie) but it's much much better than jeans. Sweatpants and yoga pants are my best friends. Kids size jeggings work well when you have the type that adjust at the waist. I buy a 16, pull the elastic all the way in and wear a belt and hem the bottoms. It ain't perfect but it works.

Shirts- The only long sleeve shirts sI own are baggy ones. It looks decet though since since my shoulders and arms fit in it well. I get all of my tops taken in at the wait. Buy strech materials.

Skirts/dresses- I very rarely wear them, but if you can buy a strechy material you are set. Strechy pencil skirts are in around here so I can wear those. Dresses are a lost cause.

I have jeans in men sizes too! Can't even tell. But only when hemmed and belted do they actually fit right.

one more tip: flowy shirts are your friend, especially when belted in the waist.

I like wearing nice jackets but unfortunately the shoulders just don't work. Solution: androgynous mens' jackets! I do miss wearing pretty shirts with cap sleeves though.

I like wearing sleeveless dresses that are belted or nipped at the waist. It makes my figure look nice and I can show off my arms without busting any seams.

Unfortunately I had to give up on the Chinese-style dresses. I love them, but I had to get an XL to accommodate my shoulders and the rest of the dress just hangs loose. Waaah.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back