WAG Competing at different levels?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

VAgymdad

Proud Parent
Hello. I'm wondering if a kid can compete at more than 1 level in same meet? If so, what are the guidelines?

Many thanks for your help!

I think the only requirement is to make the minimum all around score to progress to the next level..........it can vary by state but I think it's a 32.

Thanks. I was looking for info as to whether a gymnast can compete 3 and 4 in the same meet.

I haven't yet communicated with her coaches, but I know she's still being evaluated for what will be her best fit this season.

As far as I know, technically, yes they can. It is generally done when someone is trying to move up levels and needs the mobility score to move up. So, someone that could be competing L5 but first needs to score out of L4. If the L4 session occurs first, they will compete that and then compete L5 later in the same meet.

This wouldn't be a need because there is no mobility score needed to get to L4.

the first level with a pre-requisite score out is Level 4..... IOW the gymnast does not have to compete L3, so if the kid is ready, they can technically start at L4.....
PS, i like your avatar VAgymdad!lol

this is most commonly done when a gymnast is ready for the optional levels, but needs to score out of L5.....then they would do Level 4 at one meet, then Level 5 at another......level 6 can be skipped....next mandatory level is Level 7....
i have seen girls score out at the same competition......usually not achieving very high AA scores..

levels 2/3/4 are quite important in order to have a successful optional gymnast.

this is most commonly done when a gymnast is ready for the optional levels, but needs to score out of L5.....then they would do Level 4 at one meet, then Level 5 at another......level 6 can be skipped....next mandatory level is Level 7....
i have seen girls score out at the same competition......usually not achieving very high AA scores..

levels 2/3/4 are quite important in order to have a successful optional gymnast.

If levels 2 & 3 were important to have a successful optional gymnast, wouldn't they be required levels?

ETA: Of course, having proper basics are important, but the levels themselves aren't important -- it's called pre-team.

Thanks. I was looking for info as to whether a gymnast can compete 3 and 4 in the same meet.

I haven't yet communicated with her coaches, but I know she's still being evaluated for what will be her best fit this season.
Unless something has changed in the last year, I have definitely seen it in VA. It can be really tiring if it's on the same day though (which I have also seen).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back