Parents Competition schedules

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flip4funmom

Proud Parent
How far in advance do you typically receive comp schedules? My work is a place where you need to request schedule changes way in advance typically after the first of the year and our comp season starts in January. I don't want to nag the gym before I know what is normal.

Thanks

This year (my DDs first year in team)we got our comp weekends about 7 weeks before the first meet.

So far we have gotten the detailed schedule (if she goes on Sat or Sun and what time) 3-4 weeks before each meet.

This is somewhat dependent on when the first meet is typically held. For us, the kids usually receive their comp schedules somewhere between late June to early August (one MAG kid, one WAG).

I don't think you'd be out of line asking if there's a tentative schedule they would kindly share with you.

We got our general competition schedule for the season about 6 weeks before the first competition. (We did know the weekend of our first meet about a month before this.) This just gave us which weekends she would be competing. We've found out the actual date (between the Saturday and Sunday) and time anywhere from about 2 weeks before to only 6 days before. For someone who likes to plan, it's been a hard adjustment.

We get our meets a few months ahead. The actual day and time. If its 2 weeks out that is awesome, sometimes not until 3-5 days before meet.

I work perdiem, I don't post myself available from Friday-Monday morning on a meet weekend.

We have received our meet schedule for the year already, but all we know is what meets we are attending and where.

Sometimes we do not find out the actual day and session until about 10 days before the meet. Usually sooner, but that isn't always the case.

We have our overall schedule, like which weekends meets are, but I don't expect to have the meet schedules as to specific days/times until about 2 weeks before local, 4 weeks for big national meets.....

we got ours at the beginning of the summer.

the day and time info varies per meet and could change at the last minute as well.

Wow I want to go to the comps you all do. I'd love to get the meet schedule 10 days prior. We are usually finding out the exact day/time DD competes the week of competition.

As for our gym's meet schedule, we got ours in mid-August, and our first comp is mid-November.

T&T can be very last minute. We knew the meets we were going to by November for a January season start. We often didn't get the actual flight times until a bit earlier in the week of the meet. They change a lot, so even if you get a schedule 3 weeks out, assume it might change.

In case you haven't been warned, T&T is not like all around gymnastics, in that the different events are not sequential. We often had double mini on one day and trampoline on another, tumbling early in the day and another event late, for example. So we would literally have to spend the whole weekend at local meets.

They also do awards immediately after each flight, instead of at the end of the meet rotation, and you very well might not be able to see them at all.

we get ours in late july/early August for the comp season that starts in January. You typically don't get the exact time until about 1-2 weeks before the competition. Parents who work weekends usually take the whole weekend off or have a standby substitute who is willing to trade shifts or work for them.

Another t and t parent here-I agree the schedule comes out late. I think we usually get ours end of October for a meet season that starts in January.

We received our general schedule as far as what weekends we are competing in mid September. We won't actually know the session (actual day and time) she competes until about two weeks before.

T&T can be very last minute. We knew the meets we were going to by November for a January season start. We often didn't get the actual flight times until a bit earlier in the week of the meet. They change a lot, so even if you get a schedule 3 weeks out, assume it might change.

In case you haven't been warned, T&T is not like all around gymnastics, in that the different events are not sequential. We often had double mini on one day and trampoline on another, tumbling early in the day and another event late, for example. So we would literally have to spend the whole weekend at local meets.

They also do awards immediately after each flight, instead of at the end of the meet rotation, and you very well might not be able to see them at all.

This isn't always the case. Our smaller meets out here do awards at the end of a full session. The larger meets do it the way you indicate. But it is interesting how consistently LATE the T&T schedules are. It's a struggle in our house too because my DW works weekends and in order to get time off you have to know well in advance.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back