Parents Competition underwear

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Butterfly

Proud Parent
I know there are tons of old threads about competition underwear. I just wanted to check--GK still the best choice? Anyone know how fast they ship?

Do most of your girls wear underwear with their leos? My daughter, 10 years old, does not and prefers not to. I'm assuming as she gets older and matures that this will change??

We've tried justice, among other brands, and my DD just keeps going back to her GK pair. She says they are way more secure and comfortable.

Do most of your girls wear underwear with their leos? My daughter, 10 years old, does not and prefers not to. I'm assuming as she gets older and matures that this will change??

My girl goes commando with a panty liner in the leo. Has since she was 6 and gym coach suggested no undies. And Mom went hmmm I dont think so.

She is almost 11. I don't see it changing (well unless we get to the "its that time of the month" thing. But I figure we are at least 2 yrs away from that.

No undies under leos here, unless it's one of her hated required practice leos that ride up her behind..! ;). She does actually choose to wear black undies under her (black on the bottom) competition leo but that only started last year, she is 12. Most of the older girls do now. It seems to go in age groups, honestly. The very young ones wear undies for practice because nobody has told them it's not necessary, then they catch on (or someone tells them). then they go back to wearing undergarments as they get into the early teens or so, but MOST only for competition, only a few wears undies to practice.

No undies under leos here either. I own a dance studio so when my dd is not at the gym she's in dance class. I have to check to make sure she's wearing undies before she goes to school!!

No undies here either. I started out as a dance mom with my older dd, and her studio required no undies for the younger kids. It's a habit that stuck.

Ok, so DD doesn't wear undies either, however, we've had a plethora of conversations recently about periods because her BFF just got hers (soon to be 11 year old.). I've given her some ideas on how that would get handled but given how young some girls start, is this something you all have dealt with yet?

Ok, so DD doesn't wear undies either, however, we've had a plethora of conversations recently about periods because her BFF just got hers (soon to be 11 year old.). I've given her some ideas on how that would get handled but given how young some girls start, is this something you all have dealt with yet?

We've dealt with it twice. Due to differences in my girls personalities, we've dealt with it two different ways. Before having to deal with it, both girls went commando under leos (other than tights under dance leos).

My DD keeps a bag in her gym locker with a spare leo, shorts, & a pad. This way she is prepared if she starts during practice.

My DD keeps a bag in her gym locker with a spare leo, shorts, & a pad. This way she is prepared if she starts during practice.

I have given my dd a "kit" to take to school now she is nearly 13, just in case. Its a cute little make-up bag with a pair of older pants, a couple of slim towels ( they are so tiny these days, not like "back in my day") and a nappy sack ( fragrant plastic diaper bag) to store any soiled items. Never occurred to me to do one for gym as well. Doh !

Mind you there are always spare leos knocking about in her bag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back