CPN for 2014-15

• Thread starter Fliptwisttumble
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

Fliptwisttumble

Hello all,

Does anyone have a daughter planning to compete in CPN this upcoming year? Aspire or Elite?

I believe that DDs entire group (not at her club, but the entire group of girls she competed against) of CPN Elites are moving on to novice or provincial levels except her. I met some great moms through here last year..... Would love to do it again this year. I'm sure there will be some Aspires or even some direct entries to keep her company.....

Also @hawaii_gymnast, if you get new rules for CPN this year, will you please let me/us know? I'd hate for DD to expect to be doing the exact same thing only to find that say, a double back is allowed again after being pulled last year.

For sure once I receive emails I will let you all know again, they came out mid December last year, so I would expect around the same this year.

This year, there is no National Stream Cup. So no qualifier for it, nor any Team opportunity for CPNs until Provincials. They gave it up to focus on Canada Winter Games, but CPN girls aren't old enough to qualify for that.

So for any of you who had girls hoping to do that - not an option for them this year :( DD is quite disappointed as she made the team last year and had a blast, so assumed she'd get to go for sure this year (all of her other CPN Elite friends have "graduated").

Just saying that as a judge I didn't receive copies till December last year, but that could be because the email said they forgot to send them out and just handed them to judges at meets that were judging.
I have gotten the CPP charts for 2014-15, but I don't think anyone on here is competing CPP.
Hopefully CPN charts will be out soon.

With no qualifiers until provincials, will your gym still proceed with CPN for this season. Our gym has decided to do provincial route for our CPN.

With no qualifiers until provincials, will your gym still proceed with CPN for this season. Our gym has decided to do provincial route for our CPN.

They will still have 2 competition opportunities. My dd is too old now for CPN and they are determining if she is ready for Novice or going level 9 Provincial. Her new gym will have no CPN this year.

Not sure about our gym.does anybody know if elite needs double twist for floor and punch front full twist

There are still qualifiers: @Canadian_gym_mom is absolutely right. There will be CPN as part of Burlington's qualifier at the beginning of December, plus last year Gemini hosted one as well,so someone will host it.

Plus there are other opportunities like Gymnix, etc.

.does anybody know if elite needs double twist for floor and punch front full twist
. Those are both options for bonus, NOT mandatory. And there are other ways to get the full bonus.

Min. Requirements for tumbling are: 3 lines min. One is a run with a layout full, two is a run with two different saltos, third must be front HS front layout.

Bonus for:
1.5 twisting layout 0.5
Double twisting layout 1.o
Front layout full twist (can't be instead of reg. Front layout above..... Must be in addition) 1.0
C+ dance 0.5 each to a max. Of two moves
Max bonus = 2.0

Last year DD did two dance moves and no extra tumbling, until provincials where she added a fourth line and did a 1.5.... So max score = 16.5.

This year she will do: front tuck step out RO BHS layout full (covers first two requirements in one line), RO BHS layout double twist, front HS front layout, and RO BHS layout 1.5, plus a dance move. Full bonus. If her double twist isn't ready, she'll do a second dance move.

I believe only one girl last year did a front full. Tough move.

Just an update...... DDs coaches told me that this years rules for CPN are NOT out yet...... They got novice, junior, senior, etc last week but not CPN.

Sigh.......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back