WAG Crooked BHS?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have had my standing BHS for about 2 years now. It just started to get crooked. My coach told me that in the middle of the BHS, my hips sort of turn, which is causing me to land towards the side. The beginning is fine though. Can somebody please give me tips/ drills for home? Thanks <3:):)

it is more likely than not that you are afraid that you are going to hit your head. So, you cat twist just a bit, kinda like an upside down side cartwheel so that you can see the floor. it's wrong of course, so you must force yourself to do it right and not slightly turn.:) it's always better to do it right. some fears are always present. but doing it the way you are puts you at risk for injuring your elbow and wrist on the side that you are turning to.

Hey, the thing is, I am not afraid lol. This habbit sort of just came to me out of nowhere, and now I am having trouble breaking it :(

okay, this will sound strange but try to follow me. if it came out of nowhere, you were not consciously aware. it happens in a split second.

so if you have no fear, and i don't know which way your turning, just throw your arms and turn to the opposite side your doing now. once you feel how strange/odd it feels you'll be able to throw one over the top. understand?

your already doing it wrong over one shoulder. now do it wrong over the other. the only other way is straight over the top. you'll then feel the difference.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back