WAG Cute story, very proud

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just a little background: my 11 year old DD is going 7 this year.

I was waiting for dd2's practice to be over and had gotten a bit distracted checking something on my phone. I looked up and it was time for practice to be over but I couldn't find dd2 anywhere! She wasn't in the locker area, not in the bathrooms and not outside. Then, while still looking, I noticed that she was sitting next to a crying little level 4. Dd2 then told me that the little 4 was having a very rough day. She had split the beam, not gone for a scary skill, and fallen on all her routines. Dd sat with her, made her laugh and reassured her that she was doing great and that everyone has bad days. I don't know what else she said but dd2 had the little girl laughing and back to her old self in no time. When I asked her about it she simply said, "I remember when I was level 4 and was crying and nobody would help me through it. It was hard and now that i'm a big girl, I need to help the little girls!" Apparently this wasn't the first time something like this had happened. I'm a very proud mama!

Just thought I'd share :)

Awwwww that is so sweet :) and you should be a very proud mum and she should be a proud gymmie!! So good to see older girls helping the little ones!

THAT is something to brag about. That kind of character trait? It's forever. Shine on, kiddo.

Be proud, kid's mom.

What a lovely daughter you have, thanks for sharing, lovely to hear of good in the world.

Very sweet. Thanks for letting us hear about that. For all the hours they spend in the gym they are still kids, being with other kids and developing wonderful people skills like that will be far more important in the long run :)

I remember my dd's first practice at the new gym. She went from training level 4 at the old gym to joining a group of 2nd year level 5s at the new gym. it was hard and she was crying. There were several older girls who couldn't have possibly known my dd that were comforting her. It was so nice to see that! you should be proud of your dd.

Such a great moment! I'm sure that little level 4 is beyond grateful and now feels a special connection with your "big girl" DD that she will cherish. I still remember the kindness of one of the older optional girls on my team when I was a compulsory with great appreciation and fondness, those little acts mean the world!
You must be doing a lot right, mom! I love hearing these kinds of stories!

We have a lovely little girl like that at our gym too. My daughter was having a hard day and this other young girl just put her arm around her, encouraged her and took her with her into the gym. Next time I saw that lovely girl's mother I made sure that she knew how kind her daughter had been to mine. Kindness makes the world a happier place.

You have every right to be proud of your daughter. :)

Just a little background: my 11 year old DD is going 7 this year.

I was waiting for dd2's practice to be over and had gotten a bit distracted checking something on my phone. I looked up and it was time for practice to be over but I couldn't find dd2 anywhere! She wasn't in the locker area, not in the bathrooms and not outside. Then, while still looking, I noticed that she was sitting next to a crying little level 4. Dd2 then told me that the little 4 was having a very rough day. She had split the beam, not gone for a scary skill, and fallen on all her routines. Dd sat with her, made her laugh and reassured her that she was doing great and that everyone has bad days. I don't know what else she said but dd2 had the little girl laughing and back to her old self in no time. When I asked her about it she simply said, "I remember when I was level 4 and was crying and nobody would help me through it. It was hard and now that i'm a big girl, I need to help the little girls!" Apparently this wasn't the first time something like this had happened. I'm a very proud mama!

Just thought I'd share :)

---------------------------------------------------------
That is an great story and you have an amazing kid!You must be proud! As i am.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back