Dani's Ballet Progress + VIDEO

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Some of you may know that my dd also does ballet in addition to the gymnastics. Her gymnastics league is just 2 days a week so it allows time for other activities, in this case, ballet!

Here is a little video I put together of her doing a few combos in pointe shoes. She has been dancing en pointe for about 6 months now.

Hope you enjoy! :)

[video=youtube;naF816SZU_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naF816SZU_M[/video]

Very pretty!! She looks so happy while she is dancing. I am trying to get my older DD through to her first recital at the end of May. I wish I could get a smile on my DD's face like that! :)

Your daughter is so pretty! I know next to nothing about ballet but it looks like she's doing great for only being en pointe for 6 months! She's very graceful.

What a cutie pie. She did a beautiful job. Very talented. And I LOVED the little clap she gave herself after the second combo. And of course we gotta check the hair..gotta make sure we look good doing it...lol. Very pretty still shot at the end. Ive noticed alot of the girls at the gym wearing different socks. Their mom's say it makes it easier doing laundry..they dont have to match their socks together, because they arent going to wear them that way anyway..lol

MaryA--how old is your dancing DD? I am sure she will love pointe--the girls get sooo excited for their first pointe shoes!!

She looks wonderful and I love the socks and mirror check. She looks very comfortable in pointe shoes and looks like she has been in them longer than 6 months.

My older dd took ballet for years and loved it until she got her demi pointe shoes. She couldn't stand the way the box felt so quit ballet. Years later she has returned to dance but is taking jazz.

Very lovely! She is doing very well with it it, and will honeslty probably be less likely to hurt herself doing gymnastics because her ankles and feet are that much stronger!!!
I remember when I got my first pair of pointe shoes, it was so exciting(and that was as an adult, but I'm just an overgrown kid lol) ! To this day, I would rather do pirouettes in pointes then on the floor demi! It still doesn't feel right lol. When it comes to the time that she is going through them more frequently, try discount dance website, they have some great prices(I was going through almost two pairs a month! It helps a lot!)

Thanks for the tips Nicci! Discount Dance is a GREAT website and is where I get most of her tights, dance leos and ballet flats. I was a bit "sticker shocked" when I bought her first pair of pointe shoes--those things are very expensive!!

Just wanted to say that you have a very talented dd :) She looks so happy when she is doing ballet! she is a very beautiful dancer and shows heaps of expression!!

Good for her! She's doing wonderfuland you can tell she loves it. And the socks just add some personality!! I think they are adorable...I tried to buy them for my dd, but she's a wee bit OCD and couldn't stand the idea of mismatched socks...and made me buy two packs so that she had matched pairs!!!

Oh, I so remember those days....my DD (who is now 36 yrs) took ballet and enjoyed it tremendously but not so much the blisters on her feet, yuk! Think that's why her daughters are in gymnastics, lol....Your DD seems to be enjoying it as well and it will make her an even better gymnast because it teaches the grace that they need (oh, and balance-finding their center with ballet helps a lot as well as the flexibility they get)...will make her so well rounded as a gymnast. I was going to ask, though, I hope she is not doing her pointe work on a cement floor with tile...that would not be good and can cause shin splints...best if done on a cushioned hardwood floor.

I was going to ask, though, I hope she is not doing her pointe work on a cement floor with tile...that would not be good and can cause shin splints...best if done on a cushioned hardwood floor.

Thanks for the concern--she doesn't normally work on ballet at home (this video was the one occasion so I could see her progress). She may do a little stretching or show me some steps that she is learning here and there, but nothing that would cause additional stress on her feet or legs.

She looks so natural on toe! Obviously she enjoys it and she is very graceful. Great job!

She really is doing well for only 6 months on pointe! She reminds me of my DD (except for the graceful part!! lol!). I don't think she has worn matching socks for the last year! It does make laundry easier!! If only I could get everyone in the house on board! hmmmm. Anyway, they have alot of the same mannerisms! Alex claps for herself also but she will add the classic London Tipton phrase ...yeah me!!! I think they are about the same age! Sorry, I digress! Dani is a wonderful dancer and she looks very confident and poised!

Anyway, they have alot of the same mannerisms! Alex claps for herself also but she will add the classic London Tipton phrase ...yeah me!!! I think they are about the same age! Sorry, I digress! Dani is a wonderful dancer and she looks very confident and poised!

Suite Life is one of Dani's favorite shows! She also likes Good Luck Charlie, iCarly and Victorious! I have to admit--I kind of enjoy watching those shows too! LOL

Dani looks absolutely beautiful! I know absolutely NOTHING about dance, so to me, just being able to stay balanced on those pointe shoes is amazing! I would fall flat on my face! She looks so graceful and happy...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back